Same Old Saints?? (1 Viewer)

Is this also a must win game for the Eagles?
Because that'd be cool if we can knock them plumb out of super bowl contention with a win tomorrow.

I think you're missing the point. Most people seem to be saying that we should win this game IF we're a superbowl type team. If we don't win then we'll probably be about what we've been the last two year but with a couple more wins and an early out in the playoffs.

Even thinking like that is simply founded in conjecture. I'm not sure winning this game technically makes us anymore of a superbowl team then if we lose it. Going to the superbowl has largely been defined by how you play in the playoffs, not how you get to the playoffs in recent memory. We've seen many non-dominant teams get in, and some have won it all.

To me, it's just not worth killing yourself over a loss in week 2. If we lose we lose. We play the Bills and Jets the next two weeks, both decent but not great teams. We could easily still be 3-1 after that stretch. No reason to panic or start chanting "same ole saints" after one loss.

This game is a MUST WIN if we want to shed the old stigma. If we cannot beat Philly when they are minus their leader then we are not for real. Like it or not that's the way it is. We have mega talent and folks are healthy. This is a game that we SHOULD win hands down. Will we? If we are for real we will and if not....well ....SOS.

Unacceptable. This game is not a MUST WIN.

I could not care less what the media thinks or what "respect" this team does or does not get. I care about WINS... I care about the playoffs... I care about OUR TEAM, and not what ANYONE thinks about it.

Anyone who thinks this team might be the "SOS" can turn their colors in. I for one am not gonna take that trash talk after 1 game.

You should be ashamed.

Why is it always the "older" crowd that makes these threads. We know you suffered in the past, but this is a new era.

Newsflash: Every single Super Bowl winner (well, besides Dolphins) has lost at least one regular season game. No need to hit the panic button.

Sorry but I hold my position. You are 100% correct. The Eagles are a very good team. But so are we and the simple fact is that without DM we SHOULD win. My question is will we win a game that we SHOULD win.

We are an 1/2 point favorite in Vegas so I don't see how you say we SHOULD WIN. I think we will but you are getting your hopes up way too much. We need to get better this game than we were last week.................if we keep getting better every week we will be fine this year.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Scott B
so 15-1 won't win our division?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not if one of the teams in our division goes 16-0? :ezbill:

If you think 1 game doesn't matter if we win it or lose it, something is wrong. 1 loss can be the difference from us winning the division, and not making the playoffs.

<SCRIPT src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

So if Atlanta goes 16-0 and the Saint go 15-1 and don't win the division, I will believe the NFL is absolutly cheating! :cussing:

lol, must win? It's the second game of the season....:idunno:

I agree. If we plan on being Super Bowl contenders, these are the types of games that we have to take advantage of. The Eagles will be without:

starting QB Donovan McNabb
starting LG Todd Herremans
starting RG Stacy Andrews (benched, could rotate)
starting RT Shawn Andrews
starting MLB Stewart Bradley
starting DE Victor Abiamiri (questionable, might play)
LB Joe Mays
FS Quentin Demps

The Saints HAVE to win this game if they want to be taken seriously.

With all of these people out, I wonder if the Eagles are headed for a disappointing season. I seem to recall that Donovan McNabb has always been on a pretty short leash with the Philly fans. I still think this will be a tough game but this may not be their year.

So if Atlanta goes 16-0 and the Saint go 15-1 and don't win the division, I will believe the NFL is absolutly cheating! :cussing:

Well, 16-0 and 15-1 in the same division is statistically impossible anyway. If Atlanta went 16-0, the best that we could do is 14-2.

And, if that happened, we could only blame ourselves for not beating them.

I agree with the OP to a degree. This is a game that we SHOULD win if we wanna shed that stigma of not being able to put teams away when we should.

In a QB driven league, if we can not beat the Eagles without their starting QB then we have problems.

And EVERY win counts. Some people are assuming that a win in week 2 is less meaningful than a win in week 13. Wrong. Each win matters, if you lose from weeks 2-12, then winning in week 13 is pretty much meaningless. The point is, you already had to have won a few games early, to make the games late mean anything.

Wins are like money in the bank, the more you have the better off you are. So, get as many as you can as fast as you can.

You need wins early and often, the faster you get them, the faster you can win your division and secure homefield advantage. And by all accounts Philly is expected to rep the NFC, so beating them now is a possible tie-breaker for home-field advantage (or wildcard positions) and we'd really rather play them in the dome come January as opposed to Lincoln Financial Field.

Or suppose we miss the playoffs by one game, and this is a game that we could have won. Now you look back at missed opportunities and it hurts a little bit more. Like the Washington, Minny or Chicago games last year. All golden opportunities and all wasted.

Why is it always the "older" crowd that makes these threads. We know you suffered in the past, but this is a new era.

Newsflash: Every single Super Bowl winner (well, besides Dolphins) has lost at least one regular season game. No need to hit the panic button.

Why you gotta be like that to the elderly?

Now get offa my lawn.

Only half the teams that won all the regular season games also won the super bowl. Coin flip odds.

Well, 16-0 and 15-1 in the same division is statistically impossible anyway. If Atlanta went 16-0, the best that we could do is 14-2.

And, if that happened, we could only blame ourselves for not beating them.

If Atlanta goes 16-0 and we go 14-2 this season I'll be OK with that. We will just kick bird butt in the third game we play. Besides the refs stole the first two games from us.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom