Samsung Recalling all Galaxy Note 7's Worldwide (1 Viewer)

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently is due to a battery issues. Five phones have caught on fire while charging.

First time ever I bought a hyped smartphone like this on its release date. Of course this would happen. :rant:

The massive recall of one of Samsung's flagship devices is an embarrassing setback for the world's biggest selling smartphone maker. The Note 7 was unveiled just a month ago, and big rival Apple (AAPL, Tech30) is expected to show off its new smartphone next week.

Samsung (SSNLF) said Friday it had found a problem with the battery in some of the phones and was halting sales. In the coming weeks it will offer customers a new product for free to replace all 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7s that have been sold.

Samsung is recalling the Galaxy Note 7 worldwide over battery problem - Sep. 2, 2016

flame-war.gif

I got one too. Battery sucks on it but didnt blow up yet. Great phone though.

Wow. I was bouncing back n forth between the S7 Active and Note last weekend. Finally went with the Active.

whew.

I love my iphone. :)
I know multiple people who have iphones that go from fully charged to dead within minutes at random times. they do not love their iphone.
so what's that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dear Diary,

Today I learned to never buy first gen tech.

:ezbill:

I know multiple people who have iphones that go from fully charged to dead within minutes at random times. they do not love their iphone.
so what's that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Funny, this is exactly the reason I'm switching to Android after being with iphone since the 3g. I almost pulled the trigger on the note last week, still might when the replacements arrive.

You can change the battery right? So it's a hardware issue more than a battery issue?

no, I don't believe the battery is removable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom