Samuel expects to return to the Patriots (1 Viewer)

I'll step out on a limb and say there's about a 10% chance he will be back in New England. Of course he wants to be back if possible, his team was 2 minutes from going undefeated. But the truth is, he wants his payday. I'd be willing to give him that payday here. I don't think there's much of a chance New England bucks their trend and shovels out the cash for one of their veterans. It's possible, but I just can't see that happening. Either way, Asante will be on the open market and will field offers from the rest of the league and I don't think the Patriots would get in a massive bidding war for him.

If y'all thought you were mad at JD... just watch an 80 million dollar CB getting toasted... after paying him all that money and not using that money by addressing the front 7...

I'm starting to agree with this view. I would rather get Briggs and plug him in as our MLB for years to come. Wasn't their an article saying how he wants to be "the leader of a defense" and the "man in the middle?" Signing Briggs and one of the top 5 DT's on the market would be great, and it isn't unrealistic.

I'm not sure about spending the money, but the Saints are one of the teams interested, according to adam schien and the whispering he has heard at the probowl, Sirius Radio. he did mention jets, and some others also.

Assante Samuel is a great zone defender so it would be intresting if we had him and Jason David another zone guy would we keep pushing man to man?

Corey Williams would help our pass defense much more than Asante Samuel would... trust me.

Corey Williams AND Asante Samuel would tremendously improve our pass defense. Why can't we have both? We signed Drew and Reggie to huge contracts in the same offseason, why not these two?

And I know we have to sign Colston, Evans, and Smith in the near future, but I'll let Mickey figure all of that stuff out.

After dropping what would have been a game-winning interception, thus opening the door for the football media to crown Eli Manning the next great elite QB instead of a choke-artist, he should be keep his mouth shut for a few weeks.

Last edited:
.........another reason why building threw the draft is the best way to go, paying a guy for what he did for another team isnt always the best way to go, specially when they are only thinking about the might dollar and not winning....to me Samuel is in a great spot, he is on a great team that has continued to win and break records, he could have a career full of accomplishments but instead (like most of these new athletes) they much rather have the title of "highest paid".

as good as he is and alot of these guys, I dont want them on my team if the only selling point is "we can make you the highest paid player at your position"...thats not a team guy, a team guy wouldnt try and make his club break the bank on him when there are other needs on the team...80mill is alot, but so is 50 or 40 or 30million.

you build threw the draft so you keep young players coming in and your able to avoid situations like these, were you dont have a better option behind him and you are forced to pay him...dont get me wrong, if a player performs he deserves to be paid, but if his sole objective is to get a "monster deal"? talent or not....you got 52 other players to think about who are just important.

:9: Great post Meily, I agree 100%. As to Assante, too much if you ask me. I hope the Saints wouldn't get involved with this guy. We have one on the team already that got the huge deal and then disappeared. Build thru the draft.

From the above article: " From studying rosters, the teams in possible need of cornerbacks are the Titans, Jets, Redskins, Eagles and Browns. There are enough options for Samuel to know that he can get his money and also be with a winning team. What he's not sure about is taking a hometown discount to stay with the Patriots. "

Must have been an oversight that he didn't mention the Saints when talking about teams that need cornerbacks.

From the above article: " From studying rosters, the teams in possible need of cornerbacks are the Titans, Jets, Redskins, Eagles and Browns. There are enough options for Samuel to know that he can get his money and also be with a winning team. What he's not sure about is taking a hometown discount to stay with the Patriots. "

Must have been an oversight that he didn't mention the Saints when talking about teams that need cornerbacks.

Clayton apparently doesn't think the Saints is a "winning team"... or amybe I'm reading way too much into this statement with the fact that he left us out... :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom