San Diego (Or How I Learned To Stop Worying And Enjoy The Road Trip) (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just came back from San Diego. Well, I've been home since Tuesday, but it feels like I just got back. First, I need to say San Diego is a beautiful city, but the fans are apathetic, at best. Everyone I met had a sort of disdain for the team, even the fans. Towards the coach, towards the owner, towards the stadium, and even towards Rivers. And while I mention Qualcomm, they are in desperate need of a stadium. It had the look and feel of a high school gym abandoned since the 70s. The screens were terrible. The replays were horrific. Again, it's like they haven't upgraded since 1987. At the game, I personally had no trouble with any fans. Although when it hit 0:00, most ran out of the stadium like they had a warrant out for them. But even with the terrible stadium experience, I thought it was a great trip. Brees won in San Diego. The bye is at a perfect time. And the city was beautiful. Although, by the feeling I get from everyone around, 2016 may be the last season for San Diego and the NFL.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 43
A few more pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 35
Great city. Sorr, I'm having trouble uploading the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 31
Just imagine if the Saints were 3-0 heading to San Diego. We might very well have had more fans at the stadium then Charger fans. :hihi:

Just imagine if the Saints were 3-0 heading to San Diego. We might very well have had more fans at the stadium then Charger fans. :hihi:

Mine were taken about a half hour/45 minutes before kickoff. By the time the game started, it felt like a home game for the Saints. I don't even think Qualcomm sold out. The announced attendance was only 60,000.

Don't know why it's upside down, but here's another.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 24
It was great meeting up with people. I had a great time also.
cb5854975fe182b6241833bcc4dcbba5.jpg
be05f8156696ac0d78f5b196b1f7aa9b.jpg
ff0a6b8ff80bef9559724a3107fcc48c.jpg
some ugly dude who was with my wife
4692f7b77682345a667bcd4b90fe402f.jpg

Who ya gonna call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the best part of San Diego:

Attachments

• ballast-1.jpg
    ballast-1.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 25
  • ballast-2.jpg
    ballast-2.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 22
Here is the best part of San Diego:

That's no joke...I love that beer and brewery!

SD really is a beautiful city. I got to see the Oilers play the Saints in the astrodome back in the day and it was in better shape than Qualcomm is now. It's the last of those old school stadiums and it definitely is time to tear it down. I hope though that the City approves the stadium vote coming up. It would almost be a shame to move to Los Angeles.

Never go to San Diego with out visiting the zoo. Gotta be one of the best in the world.

That's no joke...I love that beer and brewery!

SD really is a beautiful city. I got to see the Oilers play the Saints in the astrodome back in the day and it was in better shape than Qualcomm is now. It's the last of those old school stadiums and it definitely is time to tear it down. I hope though that the City approves the stadium vote coming up. It would almost be a shame to move to Los Angeles.

They claim to have the best climate in the world and I think they're right.

L.A. is a pit.

Man, I loved SAN Diego when I was stationed there. I lived off base and would run to work every morning through Balboa Park. On the weekends the park is packed full of events during the summer. The SD Zoo is the most awesome in the USA and it can take you 2 days to see it all. I really enjoyed my time there. It's a beautiful city...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom