San Fran possible tampeing with Briggs (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Jacksonville,Via Orlando,Via Jacksonville, via Pen
49ers investigated for tampering with Briggs

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the NFL is investigating the 49ers for tampering with free agent to be Lance Briggs.

The Bears filed the charge against San Francisco. Chicago claims that the 49ers engaged in contract discussions with Briggs during last season after a trade fell through at the October deadline. If the Niners are found guilty, they could face a fine and/or lose a draft choice. Tampering quietly goes on every year, but new commish Roger Goodell could begin the crackdown now. Feb. 21 - 8:20 pm et

Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

49ers investigated for tampering with Briggs

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the NFL is investigating the 49ers for tampering with free agent to be Lance Briggs.

The Bears filed the charge against San Francisco. Chicago claims that the 49ers engaged in contract discussions with Briggs during last season after a trade fell through at the October deadline. If the Niners are found guilty, they could face a fine and/or lose a draft choice. Tampering quietly goes on every year, but new commish Roger Goodell could begin the crackdown now. Feb. 21 - 8:20 pm et

Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

I stopped reading and caring at the bolded area.

WAIT - WOULDNT' IT BE GREAT if they lost their 1st round draft choice this year - the one they traded to New England????

LMAO!!!!

N/S 49ers investigated for tampering with Briggs

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112746

"Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the NFL is investigating the 49ers for tampering with free agent to be Lance Briggs.
The Bears filed the charge against San Francisco. Chicago claims that the 49ers engaged in contract discussions with Briggs during last season after a trade fell through at the October deadline. If the Niners are found guilty, they could face a fine and/or lose a draft choice. Tampering quietly goes on every year, but new commish Roger Goodell could begin the crackdown now."

Edit, didn't see it was already posted. Was only looking for threads starting with N/S... sorry. Merge-a-rooski coming up.

Last edited:
they cant and wont do that.

yes of course it wouldn't REALLY happen, but it's funny as crap to think about, given that NE had their 1st round pick taken for cheating, but still get the 7th or whatever pick in the draft due to a trade last year....

i was thinking the same thing, that would be funny if the Commish got up and said something like:

"49ers lose their first round pick this year. But since they traded it and since the Patriots were such bad cheaters, we decided that they should have to wait a year to get the 49ers 1st round pick, so next year they can have the 49ers first round pick."

Then we move up to #9 in the draft!!!! :)

ok... /dream off

Wow the Niners are still cheating, go figure.The Niners should be forced to give up the draft pick and be barred from signing Briggs........

First thing I thought about was how sick the 49ers LB core would be with Briggs, Willis and Lawson.

First thing I thought about was how sick the 49ers LB core would be with Briggs, Willis and Lawson.

They would be just like the ol' Dome Patrol - if they had any kind of offense at all, they'd be a darn good team. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom