San Fran viewership not even in the top 10 (1 Viewer)

I don't believe that at all. I'm sure they watched. Worst fan base in the country? Sorry but the Niner fans were a lot better to us than the Eagles fans or even the Bears fans for that matter.

They literally don't care. I used to live out there. Even went to Candlestick when we shared the west. They go to Giants if the Giants are doing well. If nobody is doing well, it's really is just "ho-hum". There is no actual sports passion in that city. I guess it's uncool to be torn up over a loss. But they'll burn down neighborhoods and stab people when the teams do well.

The existence of the Golden State Warriors prove this to be true.

How can your team be in the sb and the ratings of your city not even in the top 10? God, if i were a whiners fan (and thank goodness i'm not) i'd be terribly embarassed and ashamed

I don't believe that at all. I'm sure they watched. Worst fan base in the country? Sorry but the Niner fans were a lot better to us than the Eagles fans or even the Bears fans for that matter.

Did you go to an away game there? I have to wholeheartedly disagree. I almost got into 15 fights by literally standing there and every Saints fan I talked to went through the same thing.

Well the Superbowl did have to compete with Downton Abbey, after all, and doesn't that seems like a more "San Francisco like" show?

I do think the 49ers do have a pretty big fan base, it's just not completely centered on the city itself. The Montana/Young years gave it a pretty big bandwagon following, that still exists to a certain extent today.

I felt like I saw FAR more Ravens fans than Niners fans around the city. Which surprised me because I thought they traveled better than that. The ones I did see were also more obnoxious. They should have had better SF-based ratings.

Maybe they had large viewing parties? Wouldn't that only count as one "TV" tuned in, however hundreds could have been watching?

Maybe a lot of 49er fans got discouraged and tuned out, especially during the blackout after the Ravens took a 22-point lead. That could have hurt Frisco's average viewer numbers.

I've live out here on the West Coast most of my life and all of the hardcore 49er fans I know don't live in California anymore. A few have moved from Central and Northern California to Southern California and they are Charger fans now. Not to mention you have the Raiders right across the bay. California is a very transient state still it is suprising to see them not make the top ten but I can see why.

The San Francisco Giants (my MLB team by the way) has more fans in the Bay area than the 49ers do.

The San Francisco Giants (my MLB team by the way) has more fans in the Bay area than the 49ers do.

This is an accurate statement. My sister lives in Santa Cruz, they generally go for San Fran sports teams. I talked to her last night about the game, and she said that nobody she knows cares about the 49ers. They are all SF Giants fans. For her part she's still a Saints fan

That's why they're building the new stadium in Santa Clara - they want to try to pull from the whole region.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom