Sanders on Brees arm strength (1 Viewer)

If the team had listened to the advice from this board me included we would be drafting 1st overall every year. None of us are exceptional athletes and none of us know very much about their workout routines and the nutrition regime they stick to. These athletes today are multimillion dollar machines and not the old school playboys from the old days.

If anyone would know it would be a really good receiver who is about to start catching passes from the best QB he's ever had throw the ball to him!!

Is there another way to say that?

He did catch passes from Peyton Manning and I would have him & Drew really close. Most would likely have Peyton over Drew, but I got some bias.

I really believe that his thumb injury caused him to lose a lot of distance on his throws last year.
Could not have had the number of rotations per minute needed, for the velocity or distance he is accustomed to having. The thumb may have been repaired but it was in no way strengthened to the level it needed ti be.

It’s pretty simple with Drew.

Short of an injury, his velocity is fully determined by his lower half.

Feet set, stepping into throws, it’s barely like it ever changed from a decade ago.

Now when the rush is up the middle, and he isn’t able to step into it......some of the younger QBs can still fire bullets, but this is where Drew gets affected and people say “arm strength is declining”.

Give him a pocket and room to step, and it’s an accurate rope.

Not worried about his speed is strength, its about recovery time the older you get.

Been watching him with Tom House. He is training hard, looks good.

Interesting comment that every mph translates to 1 yard. In the accuaracy test at the archer target, he consistently threw the ball 52mph, but he was probably not throwing it as fast as he could. Doesn’t seem too much of a stretch for him to throw it 60mph.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom