Saturday all games thread. (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Another fun week. Florida at Tennessee. Georgia plays Ole Miss. Texas A&M and Arkansas tee it up. UL playing Tulane has local interest.

I think the Florida Tennessee game is the big SEC game. There was a lot of preseason hype with the Vols this year. Big game for the SEC East.

I get the feeling that Tennessee got a little more preseason hype than they deserved, and Florida has been showing that they can put a better season together than many thought they would. The Vols better be glad this one is in Knoxville.

It should be a good game.

Mich St vs Wisky could be a good one

I have a feeling Wisconsin is going to get whooped today, making LSUs loss to them even worse. I hope I am wrong about that. Given my right/wrong percentage on opinions I have lately, good chance I am wrong. :D

Tennessee will never win a big game with Lyle"trumpet blower" Jones at the helm.

Tennessee will never win a big game with Lyle"trumpet blower" Jones at the helm.
I think this is biggest game yet for Butch Jones. If he wins, it puts to rest the slowly building noise that he has not done enough with the talent he has amassed (a familiar refrain for LSU fans). If he loses he will join the ranks of SEC coaches on the hot seat. I don't think he is in danger like Miles or Malzahn, but his story changes for the good with a win today and fir the bad with a loss.

It's the Nick Saban effect. Every coach in the SEC is measured against his success. Freeze made Ole Miss relevant, but with two losses to good teams this year the noise to replace him has started at Ole Miss. Freeze officially joins the hot list talk if they don't beat Georgua today.

The SEC pays coaches royally, but expectations everywhere are incredibly high

Ole Miss schooling Georgia. Kirby Smart not there long enough to be on hot seat, but knowing SEC fans the chatter will start.

Georgia is a school with tremendous resources in one of the most talent rich areas of the country. Anybody ought to be able to recruit and win there, right?

I did not have a problem with them running Richt, he struggled to win big games. But replacing winning coaches like Richt and Fulton and Mack Brown is not as easy as fans think.

I do think this will be the last year for Les Miles and Gus Malzahn. There replacements will face the same challenges. It's tough to win in the SEC West.

some one needs to check on crosswatt
Wasn't able to watch it live, but am caught up now. That was ugly. You've got to help your young quarterback out and not drop balls like that.

On a poisitive note, there's a quality future coach in the making in Greyson Lambert.

Glad Wisconsin won, makes our loss seem not quite as bad.

Watching Ole Miss makes we realize how over rated LSU's receiving group is compared to Ole Miss. LSU receivers have not been physical at all. Ole Miss has an impressive group that wins just about every fifty/fifty ball.

I think LSU receivers will have to show up today. Auburn is still embarrassed by what Fournette did to them last year. They are going to commit to stopping him and taking their chances with Etling.

That strategy has worked very well against Harris. I hope Etling can hit the quick passes and that our wr' scan take advantage of single coverage. Chark may have his first big game, he has wanted the ball more than Dural and Dupre. He's faster than them too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom