Saturday all games thread (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes its early for the thread, but there are some cool games to talk about and I wanted to get the thread up before you-know-who-E gives me grief for forgetting. :ezbill:

I have to say I was surprised by a couple of the spreads in the SEC big games. I have this deal I do with my son where we guess the spreads for big games. We are usually within a point or two, we rarely miss by more than 3 points.

I would have guessed Auburn to be a 3 point favorite over Arkansas. Vegas has them at 10. :scratch: Wow. That's a lot of points to give to a team that just beat Ole Miss and put up a ton of yards on Alabama.

Speaking of the evil empire, I would have had them a 12 point favorite over undefeated Texas A&M. Vegas has them 18 now. They'll probably win by 30 now that I think about it. You know you are good when you host the undefeated number 6 team in the country and have to give 18 points.

LSU opened up a 4.5 favorite over Ole Miss. Its up to 6 now. I would have guessed 3.

Those are three pretty good teams you can get with a lot of points.

LSU still controls their destiny to win the SEC (assuming Auburn loses at least one). All they have to is beat Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, Alabama and Arkansas. No hill for a stepper. :covri:

Last edited:
LSU still controls their destiny to win the SEC. All they have to is beat Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, Alabama and Arkansas. No hill for a stepper. :covri:

Incorrect. Auburn has to lose one more conf. game also.

Incorrect. Auburn has to lose one more conf. game also.

Correct, I forgot about that. I think its highly unlikely Auburn finishes with only one loss, but its equally unlikely LSU wins out. We can hope.

Alabama up to a 19 point favorite over an undefeated number 6 team in the country. Holy crapola.

The separation between bama and the rest of the SEC (according to Vegas) is probably the most I can ever remember.

i don;t understand how bamer can continue to replenish their team. so far this is arguably the best team saban has had, and he has a freaking freshman QB. The defense is monstrous.

One thing about lane kiffin - he can work wonders with virtually any QB. Its almost worth hiring him as a head coach, just so you can have quality QB play year-in-and-year-out.

Alabama up to a 19 point favorite over an undefeated number 6 team in the country. Holy crapola.

The separation between bama and the rest of the SEC (according to Vegas) is probably the most I can ever remember.

and THIS YEAR was to be a relatively down year in regards to player development and talent.

Damn BAMA.

Damn them to hell.

Nov 5 is going to be some good to watch.

and THIS YEAR was to be a relatively down year in regards to player development and talent.

No one could imagine how Jalen Hurts was going to handle life as the Tide's new man under center. He has definitely taken the bull by the horns and made the team better than anyone thought.

Typical Bama 'gear shift'. They always move forward. :covri:

:scared:

Texas down 21-7 to Kansas State. If this holds up, Strong is pretty much done and Herman will likely be next coach in Texas.

This is a bit of a cautionary tale for LSU fans who think anyone who replaces Miles will match his success. Some LSU fans think LSU recruits itself and anyone can win at LSU. That's what Texas fans thought. That's what Tennessee fans thought when they ran Fulmer. They have yet to come close to matching Fulmer's success.

I think it was probably time for Miles to go, but I think his success will be hard to match. If LSU whiffs on Fisher and Herman, 10 win seasons might be a long time coming. Georgia is a top ten job with a wealthy donor base in a talent rich state and they ended up with Kirby Smart. He may yet he a top coach, the early returns are bad.

It's really shocking how Texas has struggled since Mack Brown left. I think they will always have a recruiting advantage to some extent, but that advantage has been irrevocably damaged. TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and even Houston have become attractive to top Texas recruits.

I just noticed play by play announcer for Texas game is a woman, Beth Mowins. I think this is the first college or pro game I have ever heard a woman do play by play. I know she has done it before and she sounds very professional, but it took me by surprise. It's something I never really thought about before.

I'm not liking all this Bama is the best team ever talk that a lot of the media is doing. I honestly don't think Bama covers 18 points and I can't remember ever seeing the #6 team being that big of a dog. I hope the team doesn't have their heads so far in the clouds they think all they have to do is show up.

I just noticed play by play announcer for Texas game is a woman, Beth Mowins. I think this is the first college or pro game I have ever heard a woman do play by play. I know she has done it before and she sounds very professional, but it took me by surprise. It's something I never really thought about before.

She did the Bama vs Kent St game earlier this year.

I agree with everything in your previous post about the cautionary tale that Texas is for LSU right now. If they can't get "their guy" this time around and Coach O does a good job for the rest of the year, they'd be fools to hire someone else for the sake of hiring someone.

I wonder if Texas stays with Swoops the rest of the game...

I quoted this post though because I've heard her do plenty games last year and a couple this year and she really does a good job. Just strange hearing a female's voice calling a football game. Is she the only one?

I'm not liking all this Bama is the best team ever talk that a lot of the media is doing. I honestly don't think Bama covers 18 points and I can't remember ever seeing the #6 team being that big of a dog. I hope the team doesn't have their heads so far in the clouds they think all they have to do is show up.

The hype won't matter one bit.

Saban won't let Bama win by anything less than 3 touchdowns.

Bank on it!

Trent Domingue just missed a 35 yarder that "could have" kept Texas in that game. Boy, I hope LSU doesn't turn into Texas post Mack Brown.

Bama looking pretty dominant so far. I don't see A&M being able to keep up. Bama's defense is just too good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom