Save the #2 for a defensive player. Draft Jacob Tamme (TE) in the 3rd or 4th. (1 Viewer)

As Jazzbo said, we can't do a conditional this year because he hasn't played a down.

I wonder, would it be possible to give a 4th this year, and the 'condition' being a second pick next year? I doubt, the world would have to be told the picking order in the 4th for this year.

Well, anyway, part of the title of this thread is : "Save the #2 for a defensive player."

OK. Lets also save the 1st and 3rd picks for defensive players!

ddd

That's exactly what we did:

A 4th rounder this year. And a conditional 3rd (could be bumped up to 2nd) depending on how Vilma plays. And if he signs an extension we get a 4th next year from the Jets.

per SI.com:

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Jets traded linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints on Friday for a fourth-round draft pick in April.
If Vilma reaches certain playtime incentives and signs a contract extension with New Orleans, New York would instead receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009. The Jets would then give the Saints their fourth-round pick next year.

A 4th rounder this year. And a conditional 3rd (could be bumped up to 2nd) depending on how Vilma plays. And if he signs an extension we get a 4th next year from the Jets.

per SI.com:

per SI.com:

I'm shocked I had that right! I would have thought that (the 4th this year) would have to have been announced to notify the other 30 teams for this draft.

Whoops,
I just looked at SI.com, and see it. That article is dated yesterday afternoon and night. I'm getting old, normally there is no way I wouldn't have already seen it.

Thanks,

ddd

Dustin Keller would be the best TE to get, but unfortunately he won't be there in the 3rd.

You realize draft websites are next to worthless, right? Are any of them ever close on anything that's not obvious? They're just guys like me and you who made a web page.

You realize draft websites are next to worthless, right? Are any of them ever close on anything that's not obvious? They're just guys like me and you who made a web page.

I really don't know anyone that makes a mock draft that's consistently close to what actually goes down. In that case I guess everyone sucks at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom