Save the Grand Canyon Wilderness-only a couple of days to comment! (1 Viewer)

dgrant

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I don't post a lot, but this is too important to not sound the alarm. Here is the website link to sign the petition and send an email:

http://savetheconfluence.com/news/contact-delegates/

Here is an Excerpt:

Alleged Scottsdale developers, Confluence Partners, aka Fulcrum Group, lobbied the Navajo council this year to build a luxury resort/tram for tourist.
They want council members to introduce legislation that would allow them to do the following:

• Place a tram on the sheer walls of Grand Canyon Eastern Rim,
  • develop a restaurant on the floor of the canyon,
  • build a hotel on the canyon rim overlooking the Colorado and Little Colorado Rivers and
  • pave 27-miles of hard-scrabbled road to the resort site.
Reportedly, Confluence Partners plan to ask the council for a loan to pave the road.

The Colorado river running through the Grand Canyon is one of the last great wildernesses in America. Please don't let them spoil it for every generation to come.

Dave

Help me out here as I have never been there. The Grand Canyon is huge. This is one tiny area. Why not let them develop this and give people a new and better experience of the Grand Canyon.

Won't there still be miles and miles and miles of untouched beauty? If I am not understanding something, let me know.

Help me out here as I have never been there. The Grand Canyon is huge. This is one tiny area. Why not let them develop this and give people a new and better experience of the Grand Canyon.

Won't there still be miles and miles and miles of untouched beauty? If I am not understanding something, let me know.

There is only one confluence

confluence.adapt.1190.1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom