Saving Gas..... NO MORE DRIVE THRU's (1 Viewer)

SEAKING

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I try to drive the speed limit and not do jack rabbit starts. Also remember to shut the engine off asap when getting stopped. Recently I realized I need to STOP USING ALL DRIVE THRU"S. If everyone stopped using drive through windows imagine the amount of fuel saved across the country.

I was think that just the other day....

Joe

Starting your car uses twice as much gas as turning it off and turning back on minutes later.....

I like to race my engine at the drive thru.

LOL.

Starting your car uses twice as much gas as turning it off and turning back on minutes later.....

Yeah, if you drive a punched out Camaro! :hihi:

I think that the general rule is if it's gonna run for a minute or more, shut it off. But you find yourself having to move a car length at a time every 55 seconds, right? Good thread point, and a dilemma, especially in August, when you really don't wanna cut that cold air off!

Yeah, if you drive a punched out Camaro! :hihi:

I think that the general rule is if it's gonna run for a minute or more, shut it off. But you find yourself having to move a car length at a time every 55 seconds, right? Good thread point, and a dilemma, especially in August, when you really don't wanna cut that cold air off!

not to mention overheating and wearing out your starter.

not to mention overheating and wearing out your starter.

These two are just begging to be tested on myth busters.

I know it shouldnt...BUT It amazing what some people believe. You are going to tell me that a starter has a set number of uses in it. IF both of these were true then the common practice would be to leave your car running when you run in to a store for a minute.

These two are just begging to be tested on myth busters.

I know it shouldnt...BUT It amazing what some people believe. You are going to tell me that a starter has a set number of uses in it. IF both of these were true then the common practice would be to leave your car running when you run in to a store for a minute.

I dunno... I think a start does have a life.. Iknow that I try to not use it as often as I can, without wasting gas mind you... Give yo an example... If you have a 5 speed, take a route that has less stop lights... Your clutch pad only has so many uses...

But I also know that I sometimes worry about things WAY too much.

Once though, I was over in Missisissippi and the starter went out on my motorcycle... Memphis was the closest and they didn;t have one... I did 12 hours and about 800 miles without ever stoping the scooter or getting a rest.. Just ride, gas, and ride again.. Shew...

But if you add up the gas of every american that left thier car running while in a drive through for 10 minutes or longer.. I'll bet that is a lot of gas.

Joe

buy a prius it constantly shuts the engine off when not needed and 50% of the time it waits till you start rolling so you don't use your starter.

If you keep the engine tuned up properly it saves gas and it should start quickly with a strong battery and good connections. I also always heard if you leave it running for more than a minute it saves to turn an engine off.

Think about how much the world uses in jet fuel, ship-diesel, military fuel, etc, etc, and you will quickly realize how insignificant American consumer fuel consumption is on the environment, pricing, environment, consumption, etc (everything BUT the economy).

Get back to us after you pay to replace the batteries on that thing.

The batteries have a lifetime warranty. now if you upgrade to the newer high output lithium ones you have the intial expense annd of course you deal with there warranty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom