Saw this on another forum discussing the final AP results... (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
SEC = 2 top 10 teams
Big XII = 4

And, the two SEC teams never played each other. KU/MU played, OU/MU played (twice), UT/OU played. So in reality, the Big XII is a tough conference because everyone plays each other and knocks each other down. Too bad we don't play in the patsy SEC.

:shrug:

TPS

FWIW,

LSU (SEC)
UGA (SEC)
USC (Pac 10)
Missouri (Big 12)
Ohio State (Big 10)
WV (Big East)
Kansas (Big 12)
OU (Big 12)
VT (ACC)
Texas (Big 12)

TPS

Yeah but you are discounting the media bias that exists against the SEC. If that didn't exist there would be more SEC teams in the top X

SEC = 2 top 10 teams
Big XII = 4

And, the two SEC teams never played each other. KU/MU played, OU/MU played (twice), UT/OU played. So in reality, the Big XII is a tough conference because everyone plays each other and knocks each other down. Too bad we don't play in the patsy SEC.

TPS

How desperate and cute. That's absoloutely darling :hihi:

7-2 and a NC > 5-3

Patsy SEC? That's funny.

LSU / FL
LSU / TENN
FL / GA
GA / AUB
TENN / FL
TENN / GA
KEN / GA
KEN / FL
KEN / TENN

Please. All these games were detrimental in the same respect as the argument for the Big 12. I like the Big 12 and I do think they are subjected to the same interconference issues. The Big 12 and the SEC beat the snot out of each other year in and year out.

I don't hold as much stock in the final BCS standings as much as I recognize where the two teams were ranked when they played each other. How many Top 5 teams did LSU play this year? A lot. Who else played as many Top 10 teams? No one.

what a fair poll.

You have Oklahoma wooping Mizzou.....then wvu wooping oklahoma.......poof....
Mizzou in front of the eers........priceless craaaap.

SEC = 2 top 10 teams
Big XII = 4

TPS

What forum did LC post that on? :shrug:

I don't hold as much stock in the final BCS standings as much as I recognize where the two teams were ranked when they played each other. How many Top 5 teams did LSU play this year? A lot. Who else played as many Top 10 teams? No one.

Why would the ranking when they play each other really matter? I mean those rankings are just a bunch of people's opinions. Stubborn people on top of it all because they sure are slow to move off their preseason predictions/rankings. The only thing you can put any stock in is who actually beat who. Until there is a playoff the only ranking that matters is

1. BCS champ

Everyone else is second fiddle, as this is the system (As dumb as it is) they choose to play with.

The Big 12 and the SEC beat the snot out of each other year in and year out.

that's pretty much what any league does.
What's the point?
wvu beat the sec champ in 06 and the big12 champ in 08.
Is this a warm and fuzzy thread?

I thought the Big XII referees did a nice job officiating the game last night. :shrug:

TPS

Why would the ranking when they play each other really matter? I mean those rankings are just a bunch of people's opinions. Stubborn people on top of it all because they sure are slow to move off their preseason predictions/rankings. The only thing you can put any stock in is who actually beat who. Until there is a playoff the only ranking that matters is

1. BCS champ

Everyone else is second fiddle, as this is the system (As dumb as it is) they choose to play with.

You have a point about the slow re-ordering after the preseason ranks. The reason I think it matters is because that's how strong they were at the time. There are many variable as to how a team moves up or down, so I won't get into it.

Case in point about where they were ranked at the time would be Oregon. Soon as Dixon went down, so did the team and their rank. If Dixon wouldn't have been injured, they'd be up in the ranks too (probably). Does that lessen the effect of another team's win over Oregon BEFORE the injury and while they were ranked in the Top 5 over waiting till the final rankings when they finished unranked?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom