Say it ain't so - Nightmare On Elm Street (Remake) (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
From the same people who brought you the new and improved "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

Not only are they going give Freddie Kruger a makeover, they're even planning to redo Hitchcock's "The Birds." Is nothing sacred? :covri:

VARIETY
New Line sets up new 'Nightmare'
Platinum Dunes to get Freddy ready for return

Freddy Krueger is getting a wakeup call.

Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have been set by New Line to relaunch the movie series centered on the iconic killer, who haunts the dreams of teenagers and kills them in their sleep.

The trio will create a new franchise based on Wes Craven’s 1984 film “A Nightmare on Elm Street.”

READ MORE
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979807.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Robert Englund better be Freddy. If not, that's one HUGE strike against this. He IS Freddy. Since they're doing this, they need to go back to the original, dark version and not the wise-cracking, one liner Freddy. Here's hoping that the people attached to this actually have some respect for the original and don't mess it up too much.

I actually saw this coming. I find it kind of strange to remake an icon that hasn't really gone away. I hope they make it much more dark and get more creative, not cheesy, but more creative in the dream/death scenes. I'm sure Robert Englund won't be in this one so the producers need to be very careful as to make sure they find the perfect Freddy.

Glad to see that the writers in Hollywood are creative enough to come up with new, original ideas.

There are things that are still sacred. Creativity is probably one of them given the lack of it lately.

I have a hunch that it will go more into how Freddy came to be. But, like bonnjer said, Robert Englund better be the guy.

Today's Hollywood = crap.

This is why it's important to pay those writers and end the strike. Who else has the chops to steal ideas from 20 years ago?

My CHiPS remake isn't going to write itself, you know.

Different Strokes - The Golden Years. :covri:

A remake of "Attack of the 50 Foot Tall Woman" starring Paris Hilton would be appropriate.

Daryl Hannah did the first remake of "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman," then, she just kinda dropped off the map.

I was hoping the same would happen with Paris. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom