Say something nice about Tommylee Lewis (1 Viewer)

I have one thing to say, Marcus Murphy's days in NOLA are numbered. But he did have a costly drop on 3rd and 6 in the 3rd quarter .... it was an easy reception that he just dropped ...

Murphy just doesn't to seem to have the physical strength to play in the NFL. I wonder if there isn't a better option on another teams PS. He and Cadet should be easily upgraded next off season.

If we keep on running those stupid empty sets, we need to shift him to the HB or TB position on occasion. All he needs is 1 block and he can weave his way through the secondary.

No. That's not how this works. Byrd goes back when we have already decided to either fair catch or let it go in the endzone. He will never return the ball. He wasn't replaced by Lewis.

Yeah, you're right. Didn't realize that. The proof is below.

1st QUARTER

4-15-NO 43 (5:22) A.Lee punts 39 yards to NO 4, downed by CAR-T.Williams
4-5-CAR 45 (3:36) A.Lee punts 48 yards to NO 7, fair catch by J.Byrd
4-19-CAR 27 :)52) A.Lee punts 61 yards to NO 12, T.Lewis to CAR 29 for 59 yards (A.Lee)

3rd QUARTER

4-8-CAR 38 (13:34) A.Lee punts 54 yards to NO 8, T.Lewis pushed ob at NO 12 for 4 yards (M.Griffin).
4-6-CAR 45 (2:18) A.Lee punts 40 yards to NO 15, fair catch by J.Byrd.

They want to make sure Byrd catches a ball sometime during the year. Cause he ain't picking off ****.

That's a little unfair, Byrd had one hell of a pick against the Chargers a couple weeks ago. It was negated because of a penalty and didn't show up on the stat sheet, but that play took a sure touchdown off of the board. I think Byrd woke up a little bit after getting benched.

He is a big play little guy, he can play with the big boys and can give the return game and passing game a jolt when he is in the game, he's good in rotation but I woudnt put him ahead of the top 4 recievers (Cooks, Thomas, Snead and Coleman).

We may see him in the backfield more often in the future but we already have a lot of mouths to feed in the rb group and he isn't going to run between the tackles very often so him being in the backfield would easily alert the defense to bring in different personnel so he may not see an lb in coverage very often. I don't think testing that out against Davis and Kuechly would be a great idea.

Cadet is a waste of time.

If he makes that catch on our last drive against the Giants at their 20 yard line, we probably run the clock down and score a TD and win that game.

Reminds me of beer man Lewis small and shifty

If he makes that catch on our last drive against the Giants at their 20 yard line, we probably run the clock down and score a TD and win that game.

While I'm not the biggest Cadet fan, he did come through for us when we needed him to last week.

While I'm not the biggest Cadet fan, he did come through for us when we needed him to last week.

Twice during the game T.Cadet caught check down passes from Brees on third downs. Twice he was short of the line-of-gain when he ran out of bounds and the team had to punt away. If you are the safety valve.... should you at least cross the first down marker or try to cross it with the ball in your hands?!?

Twice....

That's not smart football.

edit: And TommyLee is really, really fast.

I didn't think this would turn into the say something nice about Cadet thread. What about the three receptions and two first downs on the final drive?

I think Payton is grooming Lasco to take Cadet's place. Maybe even later this year.

I didn't think this would turn into the say something nice about Cadet thread. What about the three receptions and two first downs on the final drive?

How about the curl in on 3rd down where curled in 2 yards short of the 1st down marker?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom