Say we sign NA (1 Viewer)

12Stang

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Are we done with secondary upgrades? and do we draft one?. I say if we sign him we absolutely have to take a chance on Mathieu if he's there in the third round and add a play making Lb/DE in the first round and i'm getting excited about the defense. This isn't another Mathieu thread just my opinion he not only could be a playmaker on defense but add punt return and you could put him on kick off and punt coverage seems like a no brainer to me to give him a shot.

If we sign NA, we probaly wont draft a CB. But dont count a Safety out of this equation.

NA is a short term solution if we sign him. I absolutely expect us to still draft a DB in this years draft.

The real question will be how early? I suspect if we sign NA it'll be towards the end and we don't take a chance on a player like Mathieu

Well with lewis already on the team if we do draft another CB then he would have to be a heck of a player i would say to make the roster . I know you can find guys in late rounds and sometimes get undrafted players to perform like 1st rounders we have a handful of guys like that already but i think his value as a playmaker would make him a draftable guy in the 3rd if hes still available.

NA is a short term solution if we sign him. I absolutely expect us to still draft a DB in this years draft.

The real question will be how early? I suspect if we sign NA it'll be towards the end and we don't take a chance on a player like Mathieu

Totally agree here.

Don't count us out on drafting Mathieu. On the plane ride, he could have made a really good impression on Rob Ryan. If you have noticed, Ryan is putting this defense together as his "vision". One thing that he would love to have is a ball hawking playmaker. Mathieu fits that mold.

I wouldn't be mad at the potential addition of Mathieu to this team....in whatever scenario...I think Nnamdiwwould be playing off a 1 or 2yr deal with us and Mathieu would be an investment as opposes to Nnamdi would be more of a rented player.

I wouldn't be mad at the potential addition of Mathieu to this team....in whatever scenario...I think Nnamdiwwould be playing off a 1 or 2yr deal with us and Mathieu would be an investment as opposes to Nnamdi would be more of a rented player.

I'm envisioning Mathieu as a FS. If we have NA, Lewis, Greer, and P Rob at CB. Either Harper or Jenkins (I'm hoping for Elam) at SS, then Mathieu at FS. That's a pretty good secondary.

After Jenkins I'm done with the CB to FS conversions, just draft Swearinger or Rambo in the 3rd and be done with it. Jenkins is a FA after the season and Harper is nearing the end of his deal if he's not a cap casualty next year. Drafting another safety to pair with IAQ would be a smart move.

Short player. Low vertical jump for corner. Small frame. 5'-9" and 186lbs.

Anquan Boldin dropped out of the first round because of his bad comine numbers. Didn't stop him from being a great player. I'm no Matheiu fan, but he's a football player for sure.

I personally think that the Honey Badger could be a very effective safety in the mold of Bob Sanders. TM is undersized just like Sanders, and he similarly has the speed, aggression, and nose for creating turnovers and attacking the ball carrier. I'd love to get him in the 3rd if our LT and pass rush vacancies have been addressed/upgraded.

This isn't another Mathieu thread just my opinion he not only could be a playmaker on defense but add punt return and you could put him on kick off and punt coverage seems like a no brainer to me to give him a shot.

If it's not another Mathieu thread, then what is it? /rolleyes

If it's not another Mathieu thread, then what is it? /rolleyes

Are we done with upgrades in the secondary thread :banghead::banghead::rolleys::rolleys:
And then I gave my opinion on what we should do and I guess yours is to ask what kind of thread this is after you read it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom