Saying goodbye. (7 Viewers)

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys and gals. Most of you have been like a second family to me since I landed here 22 years ago. I am not trying to be drama filled or draw attention to myself. It’s just that I’ve seen friends here pass away and we wouldn’t have known if not for a friend or family member getting on here to tell us. I am dying and the docs can’t figure out what it is. I’m tested out and now just apathetic and ready for it. Tired. This place is almost the last and only joy and reprieve I get from my sickness. As I won’t have anyone to log in and tell y’all when I go, I want to tell you myself preemptively. I love you guys and gals, and our Saints. I won’t be the first Who Dat to go nor the last, and I’ve had a good run. Not looking for pity, just truly saying goodbye for when it happens. You’ll know when I don’t show up anymore. Love to you all. Thanks for the laughs, camaraderie, in some cases real life friendships...and all of the awesome Saints talk and on the EE for all the fun and off the wall stuff.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Josh,
I'm glad that you think of everyone here as your family. I just hope that you don't mind us hanging around with you right here.
I hope that we're not to tough to deal with like some families can be. Just let us know if you need your space. We're here for you.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, no! 😥 Totally wasn't expecting to read this. Awful! I just don't understand life.
It’s all good KamaraGirl. Gonna miss you, love your POV over the years. Many have it worse than me. I’ve lived and loved and man what a ride. Hope to go out with that Lombardi.

Off topic, how far is Carson from La Jolla? I grew up in Vegas and we always vacationed in San Diego and or La Jolla. I don’t remember Carson.?.?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Josh,
I'm glad that you think of everyone here as your family. I just hope that you don't mind us hanging around with you right here.
I hope that we're not to tough to deal with like some families can be. Just let us know if you need your space. We're here for you.
I def am thankful and yes I do and always have thought of y’all as my family.

As I said in another post responding to Bo, I did weigh opening up last year when it all started (my post count was like 2,000 in 22 years until sick lol) but I truly have been lonely and I’m not used to being almost exclusively bed ridden, so time on my hands ya know? Also seeing friends pass away over the years and someone would tell us...I don’t have that. So I just decided to go ahead and do it myself. I do not mean to come across as narcissistic or attention seeking...I know full well we all have problems. I thank you all for being here for me. If I don’t get to my ex fiancée and her hospice then I’ll still not have gone alone as I have y’all.

*KamaraG!rl*

The artist formerly known as *BreesG!rl*
Reaction score
It’s all good KamaraGirl. Gonna miss you, love your POV over the years. Many have it worse than me. I’ve lived and loved and man what a ride. Hope to go out with that Lombardi.

Off topic, how far is Carson from La Jolla? I grew up in Vegas and we always vacationed in San Diego and or La Jolla. I don’t remember Carson.?.?
Carson is about a 3 hour drive from La Jolla. Chargers currently play here. :rolleyes: It's really kind of a crap place.

Given your situation, I actually feel bad for complaining about anything.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Carson is about a 3 hour drive from La Jolla. Chargers currently play here. :rolleyes: It's really kind of a crap place.

Given your situation, I actually feel bad for complaining about anything.
Ahhhh. Gotcha. And no worries, we all have problems. I’m at peace. Gonna enjoy what I have left. 😁
Who Dat KG.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do you believe life ends at death and that's it or do you believe in some form of afterlife?
I personally believe there is something after. I was raised southern Baptist but grew away from the Church, however I never lost my personal faith. Idk what exactly it will be, but I have faith.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This has been difficult to read, Josh, and I’ve got more to get through. We should all hope to be able to stare down our own death with the peace, kindness, and good humor you are able to show. It’s fair to say you’ve made a lot of friends here, and it’s a privilege to be in that group. I hope the time you have left brings with it the love you deserve, as is evident here. All the best, friend.

*KamaraG!rl*

The artist formerly known as *BreesG!rl*
Reaction score
I personally believe there is something after. I was raised southern Baptist but grew away from the Church, however I never lost my personal faith. Idk what exactly it will be, but I have faith.
That's kind of where I am. My parents never pushed religion on me and my siblings. We were raised to treat people with respect and be kind and it'll be reciprocated. I did, however, attend church with my grandma but I too grew away from it. I think there is definitely something after life though. I look as our lives as huge balls of energy. Once we die, that energy continues. Idk, maybe we'll just be this energy floating about? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's me ^^^^^^^

Wanted to post yesterday, but I cried all the way through this thread and could not even see to type.

Sometimes the mystery of life just sucks, big time.

It has been well said in this thread that you have led a stellar life. We all know that when you are up there with the angels, you will be looking out for and laughing with your SR Fam.

One caution about Hospice. My best friend recently used Hospice. They brought her:
---30 Fentanyl Patches
---4 boxes of Morphine
---some anti-anxiety ointment stuff
---and 2 other drugs that I forgot the name of
It was enough drugs for the 7th Atlantic Fleet. Ergo.....only take the drugs if and when you want them!

God speed.....you are an outstanding human being, kind and always high class.

Thanks so much for sharing such intimate info with us. SR will have a real void without your humor and intelligence. But, we know you will be posting from above and letting God know that the Saints need to keep marching in to victory. (and that the refs need a new brain.)

Praying for a miracle! Who Dat!!!

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's kind of where I am. My parents never pushed religion on me and my siblings. We were raised to treat people with respect and be kind and it'll be reciprocated. I did, however, attend church with my grandma but I too grew away from it. I think there is definitely something afterlife though. I look as our lives as huge balls of energy. Once we die, that energy continues. Idk, maybe we'll just be this energy floating about? 🤷‍♀️
Mirror of my upbringing. Idk, I’ve often wondered that since I had no feeling before I was born, would it be a big sleep? No memory.
Intriguing as heck always has been, and silver lining I’ll find out soon. 😁

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This has been difficult to read, Josh, and I’ve got more to get through. We should all hope to be able to stare down our own death with the peace, kindness, and good humor you are able to show. It’s fair to say you’ve made a lot of friends here, and it’s a privilege to be in that group. I hope the time you have left brings with it the love you deserve, as is evident here. All the best, friend.
David there isn’t a person here I hold in higher esteem. I so admire you. You’re always in my prayers with your health as well. Thank you for those words they mean a whole lot. Ty very much. Much love to you brother.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I got no words, just a bunch of blessings and a ton well wishes for you, my bro. Now, lets go win this damn Super Bowl for Drew, the fans, the city, and for HUMP!!!
Thanks Joodas. I want it so bad for Drew. He’s an amazing man. I’m hanging on for the Lombardi!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom