Saying goodbye. (1 Viewer)

We're the same age (I turn 42 on Sunday), so this hits me.

I pray for you Humperdoo. Even though we've never met, we're all a family on this site. God bless you.

Ty much Bonnjer. Yes, I did not expect it to be at this age. I’d have laughed at anyone who implied otherwise. I learned that I was wrong.

I’ve met so many on here at crawls..but haven’t met you, as you say, still you’ve always been one of my favorite posters. I’ve enjoyed reading your takes over the years. God Bless you and yours as well.

Hump, Brother, thanks for being so great to all of us. Thanks for the chats we had and thanks for always being such a great person. You have always brought so much value and life to this forum and it will truly be irreplaceable. You are a special dude and will be thinking about you lots. I hope you find as much peace and enjoyment in this season as you can and hope you will see us take home the Lombardi one more time.

When the time comes, just know your loved by everyone here so much. I’ve always looked forward to seeing your posts and if I see you reply I always go check it out. I’m not the only one but if just speaks to the kind of person you are. Rest Easy Brother don’t push your body too hard.

Thanks for everything and will be thinking about you lots Hump!

Hump, Brother, thanks for being so great to all of us. Thanks for the chats we had and thanks for always being such a great person. You have always brought so much value and life to this forum and it will truly be irreplaceable. You are a special dude and will be thinking about you lots. I hope you find as much peace and enjoyment in this season as you can and hope you will see us take home the Lombardi one more time.

When the time comes, just know your loved by everyone here so much. I’ve always looked forward to seeing your posts and if I see you reply I always go check it out. I’m not the only one but if just speaks to the kind of person you are. Rest Easy Brother don’t push your body too hard.

Thanks for everything and will be thinking about you lots Hump!
Thanks so much Cow! I’ve loved your takes and our chats over the years. Had hoped to get up for a game. And you nailed it...the only reason I’m trying to hang on is to see us hoist the Lombardi and have that euphoric feeling one more time. Drew deserves it so much. Such a wonderful human being.

Thank you again Cow, and Who Dat. For life.

Shocking and craptastic news.

Prayers out for you, brother Hump. ✝

You're not missed but you'll be missed.

Wow Hump, this is all very heavy. I haven't been following along with your health issue, so this is all a surprise to me. I'm sorry to hear of all of your suffering and struggles and of what is to come. Life can be both full of wonder and indiscriminate in its' cruelty. I pray that you've experienced enough wonder and beauty in your life to offset its cruelty, it's all any of us can hope for. From your perspective, I would think you have.

I would wish you well and hope for a full recovery, but that seems kind of trite given everything you've already been through. So instead I'll pray that you family can find comfort and solace in these final days with you. I imagine they're turned inside out right now. And I also hope you get to go out with the enjoyment of a few more Saints victory along the way bother. Who Dat!

Hey Joshua, you know how I feel about you so I won't make a big show here.
But I want you to know that everything I have ever said to you in the past is true and you can put your full trust in it.
It wasn't supposed to be like this, and it won't be in the future.

If you want or need any additional positive things to dwell on at this time, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'm really proud of how you've handled everything dealing with your health and also proud to say that I know one really cool guy that always found a way to make me smile. I thank you for that, and I'm pretty sure that everyone here feels the same about you my friend!

Shocking and craptastic news.

Prayers out for you, brother Hump. ✝

You're not missed but you'll be missed.

Thank you very much Yat. Have always enjoyed your takes over all these years. God Speed brother.

Wow Hump, this is all very heavy. I haven't been following along with your health issue, so this is all a surprise to me. I'm sorry to hear of all of your suffering and struggles and of what is to come. Life can be both full of wonder and indiscriminate in its' cruelty. I pray that you've experienced enough wonder and beauty in your life to offset its cruelty, it's all any of us can hope for. From your perspective, I would think you have.

I would wish you well and hope for a full recovery, but that seems kind of trite given everything you've already been through. So instead I'll pray that you family can find comfort and solace in these final days with you. I imagine they're turned inside out right now. And I also hope you get to go out with the enjoyment of a few more Saints victory along the way bother. Who Dat!

Thanks much Cold, for the kind words.
I have indeed experienced so much wonder for which I’m thankful, it’s been one heck of a ride. I’m thankful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon me. So many have had it so much worse, so many. We all face the day, just in different circumstances. I pray for all of the little ones that are suffering when they haven’t even been able to enjoy the beauty and wonder this world has. Those are the unfair ones. I’ve lived.

Thank you again brother. I hope to be around when we lift the Lombardi this year. That’s what I’m holding on for.

Josh - this is such sad news. I know you’ve been fighting it for a long time and I just want you to be at peace. I don’t know what else to say except we’re here for you and want the best for you. It’s been a pleasure having you in the SR family and I hope and pray that your health turns for the better.

Hey Joshua, you know how I feel about you so I won't make a big show here.
But I want you to know that everything I have ever said to you in the past is true and you can put your full trust in it.
It wasn't supposed to be like this, and it won't be in the future.

If you want or need any additional positive things to dwell on at this time, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'm really proud of how you've handled everything dealing with your health and also proud to say that I know one really cool guy that always found a way to make me smile. I thank you for that, and I'm pretty sure that everyone here feels the same about you my friend!

Thanks Bill. I’ve enjoyed our chats and you too are one awesome human being imo. And you’ve also made me smile an laugh with your posts over the years. Always. You are one of the most uplifting and funny posters I’ve seen here. Thankful for you. And I def won’t hesitate to reach out. Ty for that. Wish we could have met for a crawl and maybe a lunch at Mother’s. If it’s still there sadly it’s been awhile since I’ve visited my home away from home.

Josh - this is such sad news. I know you’ve been fighting it for a long time and I just want you to be at peace. I don’t know what else to say except we’re here for you and want the best for you. It’s been a pleasure having you in the SR family and I hope and pray that your health turns for the better.

Thanks so much Chuck. You are one of my favorite posters here over the years. Intelligent funny and just generally good natured. Bonus you always remind me of the lunch I had in Mt. Pleasant...can’t remember the name of the place now but it’s Darius Rucker’s favorite spot and the waitress told me he had just left and I was in the seat he’d just sat in. Being that Hootie was a big part of my coming of age and brings back wonderful memories of friendship tomfoolery and fun, it meant a lot to me. Mt. Pleasant is an awesome place along with Isle Of Palms and Sullivan’s Island. Aside from Dad being sick at MUSC being the reason I got to know those places, he beat the odds and lived, so it’s all wonderful memories in your neck of the woods.

Keep being you Who Dat brother, in spite of your profession you are one cool mofo.

Wow Hump I wish I had got to know you better. Sometimes life sucks but sometimes it gives us a chance to do things on our on terms which is what you are doing here. Be strong for as long as you can. I hope to see you on the other side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom