Saying goodbye. (1 Viewer)

Wow Hump I wish I had got to know you better. Sometimes life sucks but sometimes it gives us a chance to do things on our on terms which is what you are doing here. Be strong for as long as you can. I hope to see you on the other side.

Thanks Tony, I’ve always followed your posts and you’ve had your own battles. You’ve always been and will remain in my prayers.

I also want to say that you’ve posted about your situation here before

And you’ve handled everything with a grace and humor that I never could

To do that takes a special type of person

Thanks Tony, I’ve always followed your posts and you’ve had your own battles. You’ve always been and will remain in my prayers.
And you in mine. My faith is strong and I hope yours is as well. Like I said before I hope to see you on the other side and let’s hope they have a really big screen for us to watch the Saints on.

Humperdoo,

I don't know you well at all, but the courage and strength you have shown in how you have been dealing with this and the ability to do so with peace and serenity is most admirable.

I wish nothing but peace for you and your family. I hope that you can hang around here for as long that you can.

At a loss for words here . . . I always appreciated your wry wit and sense of humor . . . so I'll say "Who Dat!" and wish you well on your journey. Godspeed.

I also want to say that you’ve posted about your situation here before

And you’ve handled everything with a grace and humor that I never could

To do that takes a special type of person

Thanks Prime. Even before getting so sick I lived my life trying to be a good man. And I cloaked myself in humor my whole life....I always called it shrouded in sarcasm. Life has been so great of a roller coaster...so many amazing highs and the low times to make one appreciate the good so much more.
And don’t underestimate yourself Prime, you could do it. I’ve lived, as alluded to before, the little ones that haven’t had a chance to live and are sick and hurting, that’s the travesty imo.
I loved and lost and lived and had a blast, and will until I don’t wake up!!! ?

Humperdoo,

I don't know you well at all, but the courage and strength you have shown in how you have been dealing with this and the ability to do so with peace and serenity is most admirable.

I wish nothing but peace for you and your family. I hope that you can hang around here for as long that you can.

Ty much nolaspe, I am hanging on to see us lift the Lombardi. I hope.

At a loss for words here . . . I always appreciated your wry wit and sense of humor . . . so I'll say "Who Dat!" and wish you well on your journey. Godspeed.

As I have yours Dad. Ty.
And as an aside replying to your posts has always made me smile (I’m a big kid and a goof) as I’ve been responding to ‘Dad’ all this time. Lol.
And Whodatfalife, which was my original handle all the way back when this place was Iron Era.
I bleed black and gold and will till I die. Geaux Saints!

As a Johnnie Come Lately, I cant say I know you like some others.
I commend you for handling you situation with grace and humor while not truly losing your love of life.
Be at peace, man

And you in mine. My faith is strong and I hope yours is as well. Like I said before I hope to see you on the other side and let’s hope they have a really big screen for us to watch the Saints on.

I’d say I hope it’s very large too but I think there I’ll have my sight back. I hope. ?

As a Johnnie Come Lately, I cant say I know you like some others.
I commend you for handling you situation with grace and humor while not truly losing your love of life.
Be at peace, man

Thanks Dago. Your posts always make me laugh. For that I thank you. You’re a cool cat.

I lived my life believing I was indestructible. I was wrong. I am very small.

You might well be small. But your footprint is huge. Your shadow is long.

The imprint you have had on this community is nothing short of a legacy. Kind and patient and gracious to everyone. Never assuming bad intent, and willing to hear a contrary opinion if you might learn from it.

I know you and my father have shared such similar health struggles - and discussing with you was intended to be a hope, and I'm incredibly sad that it's not going to work out that way. You're a consummate gentleman, with a biographical story arc that stretches higher and farther than most.

Where you are now. Where you came from then. And the lives touched in between - including those here. That is a hell of a thing to be able to measure and see.

I will continue to pray. And keep you in my thoughts. You've been a great friend on here, man.

Peace from the pain is my prayer.

And thanks for sharing your time with us - you elected to spend quality time here, and I'm grateful for that. And for all of the PMs exchanged, with such heartfelt intent. That sort of sincerity in an online medium is rare and special. Because you are. Again, thank you.

Much love,
Jonathan

You might well be small. But your footprint is huge. Your shadow is long.

The imprint you have had on this community is nothing short of a legacy. Kind and patient and gracious to everyone. Never assuming bad intent, and willing to hear a contrary opinion if you might learn from it.

I know you and my father have shared such similar health struggles - and discussing with you was intended to be a hope, and I'm incredibly sad that it's not going to work out that way. You're a consummate gentleman, with a biographical story arc that stretches higher and farther than most.

Where you are now. Where you came from then. And the lives touched in between - including those here. That is a hell of a thing to be able to measure and see.

I will continue to pray. And keep you in my thoughts. You've been a great friend on here, man.

Peace from the pain is my prayer.

And thanks for sharing your time with us - you elected to spend quality time here, and I'm grateful for that. And for all of the PMs exchanged, with such heartfelt intent. That sort of sincerity in an online medium is rare and special. Because you are. Again, thank you.

Much love,
Jonathan

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Jonathan. For everything. You’ve been a person I look up to and hold in the highest esteem over the years.

I’ve appreciated so much your intellect and the things I’ve gleaned from you and your perspective. Truth. No hyperbole, I aspired to carry myself as you do. I can’t say it as eloquently as you, just suffice to say all that you type about me above is exactly who you are.
Thank you for everything Jonathan. I’m blessed to have crossed paths with you. You taught me much and didn’t blast me for my ride the middle aggravating to many feisty independent idealistically and admittedly naive political and social thinking. I appreciated that so much. God Bless you, your father and all of the ones you hold dear. They’re lucky to have you in their lives.
The love is reciprocated brother.

Joshua

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom