Saying goodbye. (1 Viewer)

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys and gals. Most of you have been like a second family to me since I landed here 22 years ago. I am not trying to be drama filled or draw attention to myself. It’s just that I’ve seen friends here pass away and we wouldn’t have known if not for a friend or family member getting on here to tell us. I am dying and the docs can’t figure out what it is. I’m tested out and now just apathetic and ready for it. Tired. This place is almost the last and only joy and reprieve I get from my sickness. As I won’t have anyone to log in and tell y’all when I go, I want to tell you myself preemptively. I love you guys and gals, and our Saints. I won’t be the first Who Dat to go nor the last, and I’ve had a good run. Not looking for pity, just truly saying goodbye for when it happens. You’ll know when I don’t show up anymore. Love to you all. Thanks for the laughs, camaraderie, in some cases real life friendships...and all of the awesome Saints talk and on the EE for all the fun and off the wall stuff.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have the words other than you will be missed around here. Your posts always stood out to me even if I didn't happen to agree with your point of view on a topic. I hope that you find peace soon.
Thanks Geaux. And that’s what makes
It so wonderful to me, trying to see all angles and broaden horizons. Always loved that.
Also always loved your Avatar.

Eeyore

Sour Pennies
Reaction score
You have managed to make your mark on our small community. You'll be missed. Thank you for letting us know what you're going through.

As you know, every so often somebody posts a "whatever happened to" thread where we ask about the people we miss. You'll be in those threads. You'll be missed.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You have managed to make your mark on our small community. You'll be missed. Thank you for letting us know what you're going through.

As you know, every so often somebody posts a "whatever happened to" thread where we ask about the people we miss. You'll be in those threads. You'll be missed.
Thanks Eeyore, you’ve been one of my faves over the years.
And yes, that’s what I was hoping to avoid as I’ll just be gone one day and didn’t want any to wonder. Y’all will be missed much.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't personally know you but have enjoyed reading your posts here over the years. Absolutely hate to hear this news . My thoughts are with you.

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Humperdoo, your posts have always displayed your patience and goodwill. Thank you for being a part of this community. I will miss your contributions and will try harder to treat others the way I want to be treated and love others. We need your attitude more than ever. Thank you.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Humperdoo, your posts have always displayed your patience and goodwill. Thank you for being a part of this community. I will miss your contributions and will try harder to treat others the way I want to be treated and love others. We need your attitude more than ever. Thank you.
Ty very much for the kind words Maxp.
And agreed the world truly needs more love, patience and tolerance of others that we may not agree with. Now more than ever.

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At least you got to see all three of the seasons of Preacher. ;)

Jokes aside, this really sucks, man. I don’t even know what else to say.:(

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm saddened reading this. I am happy for you though that the pain and suffering you've endured is coming to an end. Saints Report and the world will not be made better by your passing though. I hope you understand this.

You were always a good and decent poster and a friend to many here. I'll be praying for you to pass peacefully and comfortably and for understanding and consolation for those you will leave behind.

And a lyric from an R.E.M. song just popped into my head here, with a slight adjustment. I'll see you in heaven if y̶o̶u̶ we make the list.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hump, my friend, it will be sad to see you go. I’ve enjoyed greatly the time we have spent on this board. It will be sad to see the day when you are not with us, but it seems that time is coming. Much respect to you sir, and your long health battle. From my dad I understand when the time comes all that matters is how you face it. Much respect and all the positive that I can send you.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hump.. Have you always been Humperdoo? I am at a loss my friend... I will pray that you get many more pain free years. I don't know what to say..

Vibes.jpg
Thanks much Joe.
I started at Iron Era as whodatfalife1. Then was whodat25 for many years.....
Real name Joshua.
Thanks for the positive vibes and back atcha Joe. You’re a cool cat.

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
Hump,
I know you only as a fellow Who Dat.
If you don't mind, I would like to ask those who see this, to meet at the Gleason statue this Sunday at 11:15 before the Carolina game for a brief group prayer, in your name. Maybe a moderator could post a sticky until Sunday.

If you have any reservation/objection, I'll delete this post.

Paul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom