Saying goodbye. (7 Viewers)

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys and gals. Most of you have been like a second family to me since I landed here 22 years ago. I am not trying to be drama filled or draw attention to myself. It’s just that I’ve seen friends here pass away and we wouldn’t have known if not for a friend or family member getting on here to tell us. I am dying and the docs can’t figure out what it is. I’m tested out and now just apathetic and ready for it. Tired. This place is almost the last and only joy and reprieve I get from my sickness. As I won’t have anyone to log in and tell y’all when I go, I want to tell you myself preemptively. I love you guys and gals, and our Saints. I won’t be the first Who Dat to go nor the last, and I’ve had a good run. Not looking for pity, just truly saying goodbye for when it happens. You’ll know when I don’t show up anymore. Love to you all. Thanks for the laughs, camaraderie, in some cases real life friendships...and all of the awesome Saints talk and on the EE for all the fun and off the wall stuff.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Man it's pretty dusty in this thread...

I always enjoy your posts and your willingness, or egotistical need, to let us into your struggle. I've always felt a kinship with you as I try to live very similar to the way you do. Live big, love big! Keep an open mind and understand there could always be more than one valid point of view in every situation. Understanding comes from acknowledging and talking about how we are similar and not yelling about how we are different. Your voice of reason will be missed when it's gone. However, I'm sure you will appreciate that you have touched the lives of so many. We are all better off for having known you and that's about all we can ask out of this life. I know peace will come for you and we will all be sad when it does. God-speed, my friend.

Bo

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
Wow man. I can't really think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. God will welcome you and you will know all the secrets of the universe. Every question you've ever had will be answered. Take solace in knowing that your time here mattered. Your existence mattered.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow man. I can't really think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. Take solace in knowing that your time here mattered. Your existence mattered.
This.

Your thoughts have helped. You've made the world better by your presence.

Thank you

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
and this is a beautiful poem - but i think Hump is showing us an alternative

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Humper - I am very sorry to read this post but Godspeed, and don't take shirt from no one.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Please respond with a "like" to this post if you are interested in meeting before this sunday's Carolina game at 11:15 for short prayer at the Gleason statue.
Thanks yat,

Pray for Steve too! He has it worse. And remember. “Wherever two or more are gathered...”

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Humper - I am very sorry to read this post but Godspeed, and don't take shirt from no one.
Ty you Sparkle. Have always enjoyed you takes over the years. And don’t you worry I never did. 😁 I was never afraid to lose a tussle. Lol

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. I think for once I'm at a loss for words. I think every one else summed it up. You will be greatly missed humper.
Thanks Bob. Man I so wish I could have had some beers with you. I imagine you as Ron White. And I love Ron White.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man it's pretty dusty in this thread...

I always enjoy your posts and your willingness, or egotistical need, to let us into your struggle. I've always felt a kinship with you as I try to live very similar to the way you do. Live big, love big! Keep an open mind and understand there could always be more than one valid point of view in every situation. Understanding comes from acknowledging and talking about how we are similar and not yelling about how we are different. Your voice of reason will be missed when it's gone. However, I'm sure you will appreciate that you have touched the lives of so many. We are all better off for having known you and that's about all we can ask out of this life. I know peace will come for you and we will all be sad when it does. God-speed, my friend.

Bo
That is a beautiful and so true post (about being able to talk, and listen.) Beautiful.

And I weighed sharing as it does come across as egotistical and narcissistic but it is definitely not my intent. I’ve become very lonely since going down starting last May when I started sharing personal details. This has always been a family to me and now the only one I have left. Just lonely. And truly wanting to say goodbye as I know it’s coming and I have no other Saints fans in my life to log in and tell ya for me.
Man you worded that about how to see the world so eloquently. Plagiarism is the highest forms of flattery and I’m stealing that.
Thank you for the very kind words and it’s reciprocated brother.

Joshua

Last edited:
OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This.

Your thoughts have helped. You've made the world better by your presence.

Thank you
Ty Taurus. Another poster I’ve loved over the years and wish I could have met. Ty for the kind words.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow man. I can't really think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. God will welcome you and you will know all the secrets of the universe. Every question you've ever had will be answered. Take solace in knowing that your time here mattered. Your existence mattered.
TY Maniac. I’m at peace and just hanging for that Lombardi I hope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom