Saying goodbye. (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Most of you have been like a second family to me since I landed here 22 years ago. I am not trying to be drama filled or draw attention to myself. It’s just that I’ve seen friends here pass away and we wouldn’t have known if not for a friend or family member getting on here to tell us. I am dying and the docs can’t figure out what it is. I’m tested out and now just apathetic and ready for it. Tired. This place is almost the last and only joy and reprieve I get from my sickness. As I won’t have anyone to log in and tell y’all when I go, I want to tell you myself preemptively. I love you guys and gals, and our Saints. I won’t be the first Who Dat to go nor the last, and I’ve had a good run. Not looking for pity, just truly saying goodbye for when it happens. You’ll know when I don’t show up anymore. Love to you all. Thanks for the laughs, camaraderie, in some cases real life friendships...and all of the awesome Saints talk and on the EE for all the fun and off the wall stuff.

Hump

I’m so sorry to hear that

I’ve always enjoyed your posts and insights

Praying for the best

Thanks Prime. I’m just praying for it to be over soon. Have hurt enough.
And it’s reciprocated always enjoyed your takes too my Who Dat friend.

Tough to hear, but you sound at peace with everything which is great. You will be missed. I’ll hold out hope for a miracle turnaround, good luck!

Thanks Gavin. At peace=tired of hurting lol. I am at peace, a little scared but I think that’s normal. I hope to be able to go to hospice soon. That will alleviate the pain.

Just tired, Marsha. And I said some positive in there. This has been a precipitous fall health wise, and rapid. I’m honestly ready. ?
I understand. I've enjoyed talking to you. And I'll spare you the pep talks of "don't give up, you're so young". I'm not morbid, I just believe in facing reality and I always use humor to deflect.

I appreciate you telling us. I'm always amazed that when something does happen to one of us, somehow the news gets around. I certainly hate hearing your news but I've been wondering about you. Now that you've broken the ice, can you keep us informed as long as you can?

I understand. I've enjoyed talking to you. And I'll spare you the pep talks of "don't give up, you're so young". I'm not morbid, I just believe in facing reality and I always use humor to deflect.

I appreciate you telling us. I'm always amazed that when something does happen to one of us, somehow the news gets around. I certainly hate hearing your news but I've been wondering about you. Now that you've broken the ice, can you keep us informed as long as you can?
I look at it the same Marsha. And I absolutely will, and I’m not gonna update on health or anything like that. I’m going to try and post as much as I can, and enjoy the discourse and family here as I always have. When I do not post anymore it means I’ve gone wherever I’m headed next lol. Thanks Marsha, you are truly one of my favorite posters over the years and always make me smile or laugh.

I love your perspective on many things and always enjoy your posts and outlook on life. I hope I can be as gracious as you when my time comes. Thanks for being a great example of humility.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Very much.

I’ve learned something since going down. Family and friends have started to distance themselves from me. At first it hurt me, but I understand now that they love me and because they can’t fix me they are preparing. As one loved one told me, when one in the herd goes down the herd can’t stop. I get it. I think that since there isa screen between myself and all of you, as you can’t see the actual dying, it makes it simpler to remain ‘normal’ and no one on here has to shy away....I’m thankful for this site now more than ever. Believe me.

(sorry for the rambling, I’ll blame it on the plethora of meds)

I don't know you other than your posts on here. I've always enjoyed reading your perspective on things. Your positive outlook on life despite what you are going through is definitely an inspiration to me and I'm sure others as well. Good luck to you.
Godbless you and your loved ones.

Taking the biggest step - discovering the eternal question. May your journey be calm and tempered.

Thank you both very much for the kind words.

Thanks Gavin. At peace=tired of hurting lol. I am at peace, a little scared but I think that’s normal. I hope to be able to go to hospice soon. That will alleviate the pain.
Glad to hear you will be getting on hospice. But I can't begin to know what your mindset is. I find it compelling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom