Saying goodbye. (2 Viewers)

I personally believe there is something after. I was raised southern Baptist but grew away from the Church, however I never lost my personal faith. Idk what exactly it will be, but I have faith.
You know, I realized I don't even question it (afterlife). It's just something I KNOW I believe in. It's a great comforting feeling ... but, I'll be honest, I still fear death. One of my favorite movies is "What Dreams May Come".

This is really heartbreaking and I don't really know what I can say that hasn't already been said... I'll just leave it at.... Hump... I love you, man! You have been a much valued member, and it was great people like you made this site. We will miss you when you are gone, but we will not forget you! I hope that the docs and hospice can make you comfortable during your remaining time.

I wish you the best in the afterlife if it does exist. Personally, I would like to believe that we live, we die, we live again, and that your soul will remain eternal for as long as this universe exists. Otherwise if heaven exists, then you are the type of person that it was created for, so I am not worried at all about your soul. If that is the case, put in a good word for me when you get there, will ya? I'll need it for all of the blasphemous profanity laced thoughts that I aimed at the PDB board alone... and Falcon fans. :)

-Andrus

Mostly peace. As I fought for months as did the wonderful docs to try and figure it out. I’m telling you it’s amazing how fast it happened. I’d just bought land and was building a cabin with my father. Then boom.
I’ve always had a weird and analytical mind that loves to learn and have always been in awe of so many amazing things in this world. So at first I tried valiantly to figure this out myself...from reading MRI results to hypothesizing, trying to help the docs...nothing worked and finally I got tired of all of that as it was fruitless.

So I was a very active and fun loving person....this has reduced me to being bedridden (almost fully can still move a bit) and turned me into a recluse. That is not life to me, this is not. I’m on 8 hundred pills now for pain...and I was a guy who wouldn’t take an aspirin.

All of that to say this:
By far the biggest thing I’ve learned is how precious life is, and that if you don’t have health you have nothing. I always said a prayer every day for health, but it was always in passing. I lived my life believing I was indestructible. I was wrong. I am very small. I’m proud of the way I’ve treated people my whole life as I was raised to treat as you’d like to be treated and that you don’t know what battle another may be facing. Thankful I was already that way and thus it’s not a “I’m on my deathbed and better try and make amends and be nice to folks.”

Cherish health, and every moment of laughter you get, and every moment with your loved ones. Be kind, love one another, and love yourself. The clock is ticking on all of us.

Whodat, Brother! Whodat!

I hope when you get to heaven there will be plenty of Who Dats there demanding to know why we didn't get a true #2 WR so you won't miss us all too much. :)

I wish I had something more profound to say than that, but I'm sorry, man. I've enjoyed talking to you and I hope still do get to talk to you a little more before you go to the great beyond to hang out with Sam Mills and John Hill and Ironhead and the rest of 'em. Vaya con dios, my man.

Hey guys and gals. Most of you have been like a second family to me since I landed here 22 years ago. I am not trying to be drama filled or draw attention to myself. It’s just that I’ve seen friends here pass away and we wouldn’t have known if not for a friend or family member getting on here to tell us. I am dying and the docs can’t figure out what it is. I’m tested out and now just apathetic and ready for it. Tired. This place is almost the last and only joy and reprieve I get from my sickness. As I won’t have anyone to log in and tell y’all when I go, I want to tell you myself preemptively. I love you guys and gals, and our Saints. I won’t be the first Who Dat to go nor the last, and I’ve had a good run. Not looking for pity, just truly saying goodbye for when it happens. You’ll know when I don’t show up anymore. Love to you all. Thanks for the laughs, camaraderie, in some cases real life friendships...and all of the awesome Saints talk and on the EE for all the fun and off the wall stuff.

You know, I realized I don't even question it (afterlife). It's just something I KNOW I believe in. It's a great comforting feeling ... but, I'll be honest, I still fear death. One of my favorite movies is "What Dreams May Come".
You don't have to fear death at all.
I can assure you of that.

I hope when you get to heaven there will be plenty of Who Dats there demanding to know why we didn't get a true #2 WR so you won't miss us all too much. :)

I wish I had something more profound to say than that, but I'm sorry, man. I've enjoyed talking to you and I hope still do get to talk to you a little more before you go to the great beyond to hang out with Sam Mills and John Hill and Ironhead and the rest of 'em. Vaya con dios, my man.

Thanks much FGE! I can’t wait to talk to all of The Who Dats that have preceded me. And we NEED a number 2 lol.
Sam Mills. My favorite of the dome patrol and probably my favorite Saint ever.

Last edited:
Praying for you to find comfort and peace. I dont really know how to portray my feelings when I read things like this. My first reaction is to pray for a miracle and tell you not to give up, but I am not in your shows, perspective is everything. I will be thinking of you. Have you considered talking on the phone with someone on this board so that when your time does come we will ha e someone to let us know? Are you sleeping at all? And lastly is there anything that I can do? That last sentence sounds stupid but I can offer my time. I live in Wisconsin but I would be willing to send you my number if you just need someone to listen or talk. Again while we dont know each other, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

TY Semper. Very much. Ya know it’s funny, when I first went down I couldn’t sleep, after sleeping well all of my life. As this gets worse I sleep more and more, and find myself wanting less and less food and drink. And I used to love to eat. My non expert opinion it’s that my body and mind may just be slowly letting go, idk. I sleep a whole lot tho lol. Ty so much for the offer of help, you guys are my fam and are already helping me tremendously. Most of my remaining time will be on SR. Always my fave place anyways even when I was hale.

This is really heartbreaking and I don't really know what I can say that hasn't already been said... I'll just leave it at.... Hump... I love you, man! You have been a much valued member, and it was great people like you made this site. We will miss you when you are gone, but we will not forget you! I hope that the docs and hospice can make you comfortable during your remaining time.

I wish you the best in the afterlife if it does exist. Personally, I would like to believe that we live, we die, we live again, and that your soul will remain eternal for as long as this universe exists. Otherwise if heaven exists, then you are the type of person that it was created for, so I am not worried at all about your soul. If that is the case, put in a good word for me when you get there, will ya? I'll need it for all of the blasphemous profanity laced thoughts that I aimed at the PDB board alone... and Falcon fans. :)

-Andrus

Ty so much Andrus. For the kind words, that are mutual...and for making literally the best place for Saints fans to come to. Thankful to have met you way back at a crawl game and most thankful for Iron Era and SR. Truly spent so much of my life here....it’s wild. I will def put in a good word. As I’m sure so many Who Dats that precede us already have. I have several people close to me that also believe in the same as you regarding life and souls. I know my personal beliefs and on a silver linings note, looks as if I’m gonna find out soon and with my inquisitive mind that’s a good thing.

On the PDB, that made me chuckle. I appreciate that. My goal has always been to strive to see all sides of every issue as best I can, to learn and broaden my horizons....while staying calm no matter what I see and or hear, and the PDB still got my blood a little warm a couple of times, so I can empathize with you. ? When it comes to all things politics and socially, I have always stuck to my jet ski line as to why I’m an independent and try to be open:

Life is a ride, and water represents the issue sometimes we need to lean left to maintain proper course and balance, sometimes right. Issues in life are fluid so I believe we have to be willing to not toe a company line and adjust and adapt accordingly, always.

I just hope someone has already built SR 2.0 the afterlife version...

Ty again Andrus, means a whole lot Andrus, means a whole lot coming from the Boss. I love you too my Who Dat brother!

Joshua

Last edited:
Just reading this as I've been MIA for a few days.....so sorry to hear this. What words can I say? Just speechless.

While I do not know you personally, I've been on the EE forever, so I've read a lot of your postings. You always had a great demeanor & character to your thoughts.... I pray that your journey takes you where you need to go without much suffering. Godspeed.

TY very much Bayouboy! I’ve also enjoyed your posts over the years.

You have a great attitude and spirit Humperdoo - I hate to hear this news, At the same time I sort of understand where you are at having watched my father pass over 2 years ago.
Hope you get the peace you need and live life your way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom