SB 2014 situation getting out of hand (1 Viewer)

To play devil's advocate on this topic....

I think it's a cool, one time deal. Football was made to be played in the cold and tons of great, memorable games have come from cold/inclement weather.

Sure, the game WAS meant to be played outside. However, this is the year 2013, where a game does NOT have to be played outside. Things evolve over time. The best team should be determined on a level playing field. Indoors, dry field, comfortable climate. Also, the fans that pay $$$$$$$ should not be relegated to having to sit in blizzard degree weather on top of having to pay travel expenses, hotel accommodations, and nick backs (especially in a city like NY). Besides, if a city/team has ever dreamt of hosting a Super Bowl, then they should build a retractable roof on their stadium.

Just so everyone knows....saints fans are really the only ones particularly upset about a cold weather Super Bowl....here's a poll done on espn.com that shows that the majority of the country would not only support a cold weather Super Bowl, but enjoy watching it

The only good thing I see about holding the Super Bowl up in New York/Jersey in freezing temperatures is the possibility that someone might convince that idiot Goodell to stick his tongue to the flagpole right before the national anthem.

Just so everyone knows....saints fans are really the only ones particularly upset about a cold weather Super Bowl....here's a poll done on espn.com that shows that the majority of the country would not only support a cold weather Super Bowl, but enjoy watching it

I bet that if a southern team makes it to the SB, that state will change their vote.

It's really incredible these multi-million dollar execs, led by Goodell, are trying to figure out a continency plan if we get the same type of weather next year for NY/NJ area for the Super Bowl. Guess what? It's like this every year in freakin' February!

Maybe someone should have listened to Joe Flacco. It's dumb to play outside in February in the Northeast.

Then why did you bring up the Fog bowl then? You might as well bring up the Tampa Bay/Kansas City game from 1979 where it was raining so bad, both teams couldn't stop turning the ball over, and I think Tampa won 3-0.

I actually have watched that entire game of the Ice Bowl from an original tape source. If you dig around, you'll find it. I don't get what was so boring about that game. It was back and forth, and Landry's Cowboys defense played an excellent game.

The post to which I replied originally stated cold/inclement weather, not just snow. The Fog Bowl qualifies as a game played in inclement weather, extreme fog with extremely low visibility for even the players playing the game.

The TB-KC game would also qualify as being played under inclement weather.

I guess the perception of what is boring or not is subjective.

The graphic shows a little less of 117,000 poll participants. Whether these are 117,000 unique participants is not clear, but what is clear, is that 117,000 people would fit in less than 2 NFL stadiums, and that 117,000 is about .0004% of the US population. "The majority of the country" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

This makes no sense to me. GODell wants a Superbowl to be outdoors in the elements yet if the weather is too bad they are thinking of moving the game up a day. Then why are you playing a game outdoors in a cold city if you dont play in the bad weather. Just gives him more power to do what he wants. I really hate this guy.

The graphic shows a little less of 117,000 poll participants. Whether these are 117,000 unique participants is not clear, but what is clear, is that 117,000 people would fit in less than 2 NFL stadiums, and that 117,000 is about .0004% of the US population. "The majority of the country" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

It's called extrapolating data

That's how almost every study is done in the world

You take an available sample size and extrapolate it to fit the remaining population

If that many people support a snowy Super Bowl, it's safe to assume the numbers will remain similar if everyone were to vote

Btw I didn't vote on that poll and it echoes my sentiments so it seems pretty legit to me

For example, the Saints. We don't play well in the cold :ezbill:

Yeah, yeah..yeah. And the Chargers didn't like the cold in Cinncy in the 80s...And the Niners hated going to N.Y......

It's all part of the game's charm.

But I will add this thought to Mr. Commissioner,

Dear Commish... if the SB in NY...sucks because of inclement weather, it will nobody's fault but yours.

Yours Truly,

The Fans

Weather/Location should be neutral...in other words, not have an appreciable impact on the Super Bowl. Its about who is the best team. Weather, venue, refs, timing, injuries all impact the regular season...the SB is supposed to break it down so the only thing that matters are the two teams playing.

Injecting artificial LIMFACS into the equation is BS.

The game is a minor weather thing, did you see the logistics nightmare going in that area this past week? Airports shut down, roads blocked by snow banks and could not even see vehicles parked along streets.

Weather/Location should be neutral...in other words, not have an appreciable impact on the Super Bowl. Its about who is the best team. Weather, venue, refs, timing, injuries all impact the regular season...the SB is supposed to break it down so the only thing that matters are the two teams playing.

Injecting artificial LIMFACS into the equation is BS.

Your asking for something impossible. Clearly a dome team built around the pass has a disadvantage up north against a weather team built around the run and stout defense. But its the same in reverse. That northern team would be at a disadvantage in a dome against a finesse team built around the pass.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom