Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Freddie T

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • Coach Payton's playcalling

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
In all fairness, this one has to go on Brees. Even he would have to admit that. He was the primary reason they beat Tampa. He was the primary reason they were still in the Pittsburgh game. And he was the primary reason they lost yesterday.

But I still don't understand why they didn't run the ball 1st and goal on the 8 yard line in the 2nd QTR. Look at all the TD's that San Diego gets from LT. At least give it a try. If it get's stuffed, you can always pass on 2nd and 3rd down. What's the worst that could happen - a drive killing INT? That happened anyway.

But I still don't understand why they didn't run the ball 1st and goal on the 8 yard line in the 2nd QTR. Look at all the TD's that San Diego gets from LT. At least give it a try. If it get's stuffed, you can always pass on 2nd and 3rd down. What's the worst that could happen - a drive killing INT? That happened anyway.

if they score both times, you would be saying how brilliant it was to throw the ball....hindsight is 20/20...they had been moving the ball effectively through the air so there was no reason to think that passing the was a bad idea....the second time, payton probably figured that he was gonna boost brees' confidence by letting him throw for the score.....

if they score both times, you would be saying how brilliant it was to throw the ball....hindsight is 20/20...they had been moving the ball effectively through the air so there was no reason to think that passing the was a bad idea....the second time, payton probably figured that he was gonna boost brees' confidence by letting him throw for the score.....

Actually no. If you don't believe me, you can ask my wife. After they completed the pass down to the 8, and we had 1st down, I screamed at the TV "Run the ball to Duece". With Colston gone, I was worried about getting the ball in the end zone. I didn't necessarily envision a Pick, but I doubted that they could get a receiver open. I still think it was over-confidence on the part of Brees, and less than perfect play calling.

The 2nd time they had no choice with only 17 seconds left to half-time. If Reggie had run OB instead of trying to juke a guy for an extra 2 yards, they would have had one last Timeout. They are still learing to close the deal.

Last edited:
DFW, trust me, i would have run the ball on first down if it were up to me....like i said, they were throwing and p(e)yton was content to stick with it....i think the play call was good, but the execution was poor...

neworleansshoo, don't forget that the score was 10-10 at the end of the third quarter....the defense as a unit played well enough to win the game, for the first three.....our offense squandered way too many opportunities and lost that game....can't pin it all on freddy thomas

i don't see how anyone can NOT choose freddy thomas

I don't see how many people could NOT choose Drew Brees. The game was 10-7 in the 4th quarter and that was Brees' fault that we weren't ahead more. 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter in Cincy territory were not FT's fault with 2 of them being Brees INT's inside the 20. FT did his job into the 4th and it's Brees' fault that we did not have a cushion. Brees lost us up to 14 points in the 2nd and gave up 7 points in the 4th on a crucial drive that could have brought us withing 7.

That's a possible 21 point swing cause of INT's. We win if he doesn't throw those 3.

We might not win even if FT or the safety help stops Cincy on those drives in the 4th.

So how can you vote for FT when we're not even sure we'd win if he stopped those, when i know we would have won if Brees had not thrown his INTs.

Brees... 3 picks... One went for a TD... 2 were in the endzone... That's a 21 point swing right there.

Drew has to take better care of the ball... especially in the red zone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom