Scary Info on Why the Season May Not Take Place - from a Claimed Insider (13 Viewers)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Sticky Post
For the sake of board sanity, I am going to say that I got this info from "Coach" Guido. Here's what Guido told me today of behind the scenes discussions between players and their players' union, and between the players union and the NFL/owners.

"The chance of having a full season is getting more remote and I will get to the biggest reasons last.

1) The recent trend of the virus in quickly spreading to young people, many completely healthy, is scaring the players and their families and their coaches
2) Recent scientific discoveries that the virus, even in healthy people who get the virus, causes long-term harm to organs is compounding players' fear. No one knows the extent of this damage, but now that it's known to spread among healthy young people and create potentially serious long-term health damage to the players has the players becoming quite uptight
3) (Here's where it gets really interesting). With all the attention on racial discrimination, the NFL is very sensitive to anything that would make the NFL appear insensitive to racial injustice, especially when over 70% of the players are men of color
4) Where this comes into play is that nearly 1 in 5 black people suffer from sickle-cell anemia. This is a genetic serious illness. If players with sickle cell contract the virus, they are at serious risk of serious injury if not even death. The NFL is frightened that some top black players with sickle-cell will get the virus and get sick. Then the NFL fears they will have a public relations nightmare on their hands with the extreme attention on racial injustice.
5) Yes, Latinos cause a lot of diabetes by our eating habits, however, Latinos are born with one of the highest racial percentages of Type 2 diabetes. Like sickle-cell anemia, diabetes is a serious underlying health condition. And once again, like black athletes with sickle cell, Latinos risk of serious long-term illness and death is high
6) These are active conservations going on behind the scenes about insurance. Lloyds is the biggest insurer of professional athletes. The players are all trying to get higher insurance levels, as well as the teams. Lloyds has jacked the price of this type insurance through the roof making it less or nearly unaffordable to many of the lower-paid players and really expensive for the teams
7) Many coaches are very worried about the conditioning of their players showing up for camp. They know that the great majority of players will not show up in the condition desired to begin training camp and coaches are really afraid for the scale and severity of injuries if they play this season
8) Teams are running multiple scenarios of fielding teams based on various levels of virus outbreaks on their teams. With the NFL Coronovirus rules in place, there are multiple scenarios where a team may not have the players or may simply choose to forfeit for lack of quality starters and backups. Behind the scenes, a couple of coaches said it could be like playing with scab players during strikes or lockouts. And they worry about their top players who have heavy incentive-based contracts who get the virus. It's not a performance issue, yet it would dramatically impact those players' total compensation if they get the virus. Coaches are worried about this and the impact of top players attitudes impacting team chemistry.
Now, this is my personal opinion. When I just think of being HC for a college-level team today, as HC, I would be terrified for my players and coaches. If I had a vote and was still an HC, I would vote against playing college ball this year. And I can tell you for a fact that many pro coaches have the same fears for their players as well as coaches for themselves and their families.

But the NFL is about huge money as we all know and they want to make more. And the players like their money also. So they may very well start the season. But as soon as one or more teams cannot field a quality product because of the lack of players, the season could get canceled after some games are played. Likely, the owners would use the term "Suspend," hoping a cure is found.
Guido was wearing a saints workout T today. He said that if the season gets canceled, we may have sadly seen Brees last season. My Austin sources were telling me that Brees was leaning pretty heavy towards retiring after last season.

Let's hope this does not play-out as Coach Guido fears from his sources and experience. And No, Guido did not coach the Mad Magazine coed softball team - lol

Insurance

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any disease is much worse in severity and numbers on it's first time through. In March, we had almost no idea how to treat it. In July, what works and what doesn't is very well known.

Reported virus deaths can probably be divided in half. Hospitals and coroners are blaming the virus for deaths caused by cancer, Alzheimers, diabetes, renal failure, bacterial pneumonia, meningitis, flu, and a host of others. It's more profitable that way, according to doctors who have spoken on the matter.

I think the NFL and NCAA should play ball, but with all due caution. For 1 thing, non active players should wear masks and stay back from the sidelines.

ElGatoNegro

Rookie
Reaction score
if you watch MSM all day, yea, youd think the world was ending . every day.. but a quick search found mulitple sources of the CDC admitting it with the data..

1594211743595.png
1594211761453.png
I don't watch MSM and am not an American. But y'all (I apologize for generalizing here) have screwed this up properly. The right seems to be ignoring all the warnings in favor of yapping on about there rights to drive their mobility scooters anywhere they want without a mask, while the left decided to get millions of people together to yell about black people's rights. And while both sides make fair points, the way you are doing it is going to kill significantly more Americans.

The low death rates is directly as a result of lockdown measures (as every other country in the world can attest) and you just need to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the effects of all these protests to properly take effect...

What do you think the CDC is admitting, they are reporting facts and your news sources are just drawing wild conclusions.

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
Reported virus deaths can probably be divided in half. Hospitals and coroners are blaming the virus for deaths caused by cancer, Alzheimers, diabetes, renal failure, bacterial pneumonia, meningitis, flu, and a host of others. It's more profitable that way, according to doctors who have spoken on the matter.
Doctors aren't the ones responsible for that, it's the hospital administrators and billing dept.
The MN senator who claimed such things is now under investigation by the State Board of Physicians. Also, it's been proven that many States (FL, AZ, TX and others) are minimizing covid deaths by not including them in pneumonia/flu death counts. Even if the pt started off with covid which eventually lead to a stroke or renal failure the State is not reporting that as a Covid death. So, the assertion that covid death can probably be divided in half or even by 10% is not based in fact and could be argued with documented facts that 130K is likely underreported deaths.

andregurov

Compassion is the basis of morality.
Reaction score
Reported virus deaths can probably be divided in half.
If the level of dependable and proven truth in this thread was moved to any discussion of Alvin Kamara's next contract there would be a lot of people claiming he would play for free ... based entirely on their "feeling" about it.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
death rate is down ten weeks in a row from the peak. overall 92.4%. CDC admitted yesterday that covid is about to fall under their death rate threshold for pandemics...

by end of the month the pandemic label will be removed and it will basically be like the flu or swine flu from 2009. nothing was cancelled then, and that year 65 million people had it
I've seen this spread around quite a bit, lately. Awesome stats, but they're not relevant. Death isn't the only side effect and just because it's going down, doesn't mean it can't climb which is just as likely as a continued decline until a vaccine is developed.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
the point is most people dont get any symptoms, if they wouldn't have forced people in the retirement homes ( 40% of all deaths) it would have been a far lower percent, along with them putting presumed cases as cause of death, without listing the co-mobidities. in other words people were dying with it, not bc of it. thats 2/3 of all deaths right there..

i dont understand putting 100% of the population under lock down when only about 5-10% of the population are susceptible to the worse case scenario. it should be handled like a bad flu season..
So far it has been handled exactly like a bad flu season without an existing vaccine.

OP

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I got you, and I understand how my leadership comment can lead to a political discussion( which everyone seems to be doing there best to ignore).
I truly bow to you. That was a huge example. You showed something that is missing a lot these days, class. Imo, we need to feed off each other. Your example sets a tone that makes me want to up my petty ego games, and oh boy do I have a bunch of those. Thx so much for showing us all the way! - Dan

OP

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Swimmer, if the virus caused long term damage of any kind, the news media would explode. They hint at it to sensationalize, and a lot of other things. But there's nothing concrete on that yet. The sample size is very small, and the time period is even smaller.

Check this out: New Jersey had 15,281 deaths from the virus, the highest rate per 100K in the US. Deaths there are 1 in 589, mosly compromised. Guess how many deaths there were in the 18-yo and under demographic? One. That's it, one. For some reason, young people and even some older people carry a lower virus load. Now football players are 6-8 years older, and papaw is 41, but the death rate in that demographic is lower than the flu. I think flu is a nasty disease, and if I had a choice of a case of it or the virus, it would be a hard choice. If I hear someone with the flu is coming, I run like hell.
Really good stuff bobad! Thx much.

Here's what I know about the virus, "I don't know!"

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We see anywhere from 30m to 45m cases of Pneumonia/Influenza per year in the nation, and see 50k to 60k deaths per year due to Pneumonia/Influenza.

Contrast that with COVID-19, where we have seen 130k deaths thus far in less than four months, and off of only 3m cases, and WITH social distancing/safety measures in place.

This is absolutely nothing like the flu.
You are correct. It’s nothing like the flu. It has wiped the flu out. Decreased influenza deaths by 80%. It’s a miracle!

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For the sake of board sanity, I am going to say that I got this info from "Coach" Guido. Here's what Guido told me today of behind the scenes discussions between players and their players' union, and between the players union and the NFL/owners.

Guido was wearing a saints workout T today. He said that if the season gets canceled, we may have sadly seen Brees last season. My Austin sources were telling me that Brees was leaning pretty heavy towards retiring after last season.

Let's hope this does not play-out as Coach Guido fears from his sources and experience. And No, Guido did not coach the Mad Magazine coed softball team - lol

Insurance
You got a neg rep, so you are still doing good! Keep up the good work Swimmer; LOL!

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We ended up, according to the CDC, with 60.8m H1N1 cases that year, and only 12,469 deaths. A death rate of about .02%.

Right now, with 3m COVID cases compared to 130k deaths, that's a "death rate" of 4.3%.

My only point is that this thing is different. To use the flu stats or "death rate" as a basis for not shutting down is a bit silly when you're talking numbers this large. Even if the death rate was as as little as .5% (it's much higher), if 60m people got this virus, that's still 300,000 deaths.

Pandemic label or not, that is still worth shutting down or limiting things in the eyes of the government.

I think people hear "Oh, the death rate is only 4%" or, "The death rate is probably closer to 1%," and think that's actually good thing and makes things insignificant. If a sickness with no vaccine is killing 1% of the people it infects, much less 4%, that's a huge problem, especially for a country of our size.
Dying in a car wreck back then wasn’t ruled death by virus.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Swimmer, if the virus caused long term damage of any kind, the news media would explode. They hint at it to sensationalize, and a lot of other things. But there's nothing concrete on that yet. The sample size is very small, and the time period is even smaller.

Check this out: New Jersey had 15,281 deaths from the virus, the highest rate per 100K in the US. Deaths there are 1 in 589, mosly compromised. Guess how many deaths there were in the 18-yo and under demographic? One. That's it, one. For some reason, young people and even some older people carry a lower virus load. Now football players are 6-8 years older, and papaw is 41, but the death rate in that demographic is lower than the flu. I think flu is a nasty disease, and if I had a choice of a case of it or the virus, it would be a hard choice. If I hear someone with the flu is coming, I run like hell.
if you are very simply stating/trying to equate that the disease has only shown to kill younger people and some older people and comparing those numbers to the long lasting negative effects on some people, that is a bad analogy. Deaths compared to long lasting and potentially costly medical bills to treat those negative effects, are two very different things.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
with your 5-10% scenario, please go bring all of your older and immunodeficiency or compromised love ones and friends to a COVID party and play the odds. No body cares about the 5-10% until they themselves or a loved one are in that 5-10%.

Elderly and immune suppressed people are only as protected as the dumbest other person that is around them.

do we need a lockdown, I don’t think so, but we do need masks and common sense. Oh, and caring about someone besides ourselves.
i do have some in the family, when i go there i wear a mask. when they go out they wear a mask. the whole population doesnt need to be locked down, they agree..

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
A bad flu season? 130,000 deaths, man seriously this sounds like it some twisted capitalist logic. If 5-10% of the population dies, it's cool let's make money. All the countries that have successfully flattened the curve shut down for a period of time. S. Korea and Germany have been among the best, we just have the most incompetent leadership.
you do know the US has gone below Germany's death rate right? we are the lowest in the world so...

40,000+ were killed in retirement homes in the states where they MANDATED people that had it or recovered from it go back in. the mandates are online to see.

another 25000+ are in the presumed category. that knocks it down quite a bit huh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 10)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Demario Davis is still trying to unlock the best version of himself. How scary is that? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers plan a “voluntary” bubble during the regular season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Zack Lee discounting injury and illness, which player do you think holds the biggest key to a successful season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Fleur-de-Links, August 4: Saints release another player and a preview of Marshon Lattimore’s season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Odell Beckham says season should be cancelled. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
NFL needs to create a bubble plan for 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints to rent out part of the Loews Hotel to 'sequester' before the season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WhoDat_SB44 I hope we play this season since we have upgraded just about every position group Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Walker: Drew Brees, driven by Super Bowl quest, faces toughest challenge yet in 20th NFL season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SuperSaint Saints Report: MLB could cancel season as early as Monday (Not looking good...) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Drew Brees sidesteps whether 2020 will be his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
For asthmatic Saints TE Cole Wick, opting out of season is 'bigger than football' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Oye NBA 2020 Season and Playoffs Everything Else Board 136
Taker597 N/S Cowboys have canceled all of 2020 Season Tickets Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Optimism abounds for Pelicans as NBA season officially restarts Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
How Many Saints will end up opting out of the 2020 NFL season? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 29: First Saints player to opt out of 2020 season and a preview of a 2020 Saints game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If the season is shortened or canceled due to covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Day 1 of the weird season has arrived for the Saints. 'We're grinding through it' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Jason Vander Laan opts out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints guard Warford, two current backups opt out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints TE Jason Vander Laan opts out of 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints OL Larry Warford to sit out the 2020 NFL season: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Unsigned G Warford opts out of season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints TE Cole Wick opts out of 2020 season due to asthma Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints TE Cole Wick opting out of season {Merged and merged again} Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Saint Kamara Football season: chance of happening is approaching 0% Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 89
This NFL season rides on players’ abilities to “play by the rules” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S If we are using MLB as a test (Cluster of cases puts Marlins' season on hold) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 58
ndcc Saints 2002 Season opener (Saints @ Bucs) ...this was a great game (start>>finish) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
DerrickB Podcast: The Saints Get the Greenlight to Start Training Camp: Which Players May Opt-Out of the Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0