Scary info & something you might not know!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Roman Harper and Malcolm jenkins were 2nd to last at there positions in the league, While jenkins would a whopping 20 missed plus tackles put him second to last in the NFL
as well. Get this Junior Gallette, And Martez Wilson both were rated number 15 overall in the league at there positions at 25% of snaps as top tier dominant pass rushers.

As for our Safety position, S.S Glover quinn could potentially be a free agent pickup missing a total of only 7 tackles for the year and single handidly shutting down gresham
in the playoffs against The bengals.

yeah, I agree, that would be an upgrade, I think it's hard for people to part with players we like off the field, but hate on the field, and I think our Safeties are in that group

Goes to show you, what a bad scheme can do your team, and as PLAYERS make you look bad. Would love to see them under ryan, and what differnce they could make tho

Now pull the stats for how many actual tackles Jenkins made or attempted. I'm almost positive that he at or near the top along with Harper.

At least show what percentage of tackles he missed. It's probably around league avg. Our front seven was bad as a whole so the safeties were asked to tackle alot.

I'm of the mindset that Ryan will help them turn it around.

All I know is this, if we don't see the light come on from Jenkins this year, he needs to be done in a Saints uniform. Jenkins has made some hussle plays but he is no where near where he should be for a 1st rd pick.

Harper is one of the better SS's in the league, he's not special with good coverage skills. His salary is crazy though, good SS(not great or elite) but I think he's overpaid.

Agree with both, just couldnt believe the rankings, and also cant believe our record setting total yards allowed either. Just some info i had no idea was that bad, dont want to give up
on them just yet tho. But im prepared for the breaking news of our releases.

Neither one of then will be released.

It amazes me how ppl on this board don't get that.

Harper's contract has 16 million dollars guaranteed along with 7 million spread out over the length of the contract. If he was released, the Saints would still owe him $4 million this year and another $4 million next year.

Jenkins is going into the final year of his contract at $2.5 million. His contract is barely making a dent in our cap. Releasing him would be pointless.

this is why i could see us going OT, S, or CB in the first, trade down is best idea unless a stud falls to us like mingo or moore

Hope both stay but all i keep reading is Harper will most likely get released and trust i dont wanna see that happen at all. I want WINNERS LOL #SINGLETARY

Jenkins is a really good saftey. NO TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS HE WILL BE MOVED TO CORNER! It's not gonna happen, spags used our safties backwards this year. He blitzed Jenkins and tried to make Harper cover when Jenkins strength is covering and Harper is blitzing heck Harper is hands down the best blitzing saftey in the league, I think both of them will stay Harper will restructure. Also if and when we add a pass rusher that can hurry the Qb and not give him 6 to 8 seconds in the pocket then it will take alot of pressure off our secondary. I don't care who you are but it's pretty much impossible to cover some of these "superstar" WR for that long if we can drop that time down to 2 to 3 seconds we will see Greer look much like the top corner that he is and it will make P rob look better too! It's not our player yes some can be upgraded but alot of it has to do with there is no " I " in team and it takes a whole team doing the right thing to play well!

Roman Harper and Malcolm jenkins were 2nd to last at there positions in the league, While jenkins would a whopping 20 missed plus tackles put him second to last in the NFL
as well. Get this Junior Gallette, And Martez Wilson both were rated number 15 overall in the league at there positions at 25% of snaps as top tier dominant pass rushers.

As for our Safety position, S.S Glover quinn could potentially be a free agent pickup missing a total of only 7 tackles for the year and single handidly shutting down gresham
in the playoffs against The bengals.

Where does Martez Wilson rank on rushing downs? He isn't questioned about his pass rushing abilities.

For all of you saying Harper was bad this year b/c of Spags' scheme, I seem to recall him absolutely stinking it up in the playoffs in 2010 and 2011 in GW's scheme. He's only good at one thing--playing in the box, which makes him an extremely limited safety. Jenkins simply has not developed as a safety. Just check out his interception numbers. He takes bad angles to the ball carrier, is frequently out of position, and for every hustle play he makes he whiffs on at least two tackles. The one thing I have seen him do well is play nickel corner, which I think is his natural position.

Now pull the stats for how many actual tackles Jenkins made or attempted. I'm almost positive that he at or near the top along with Harper.

At least show what percentage of tackles he missed. It's probably around league avg. Our front seven was bad as a whole so the safeties were asked to tackle alot.

I'm of the mindset that Ryan will help them turn it around.

I bet you thought Spags would help Jenkins turn it around this time last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom