Scelfo Gone! (1 Viewer)

threexcharm

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I saw that coming.

Their football team may be at the point of no return. It has to be a big money loser. When showing highlights, television cameras rarely scan into the stands, but when you catch a glimpse, they are just about empty.

He seems like a pretty decent guy. I wish him well with his future.

Joe

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
IMO, they screwed up when they hired Scelfo in the first place. It should have been Rich Rodriguez's job after Bowden left for ACC hell in Clemson. Maybe everyone would've been talking about Tulane going to a BCS game instead of WVU if Rodriguez was the coach.

As for the crowds, play good football consistently and I think you could get 30,000 in the stands at the dome. But it's a difficult task considering LSU is just up the road and by far the biggest draw locally, other than the Saints, of course.:ezbill:

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can only pray!

joe87

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's about time. Tulane's AD really dropped the ball when they let Rodriguez go; he probably deserves the most credit for the undefeated season.

iron error

Reaction score
lets get real. Rodriguez would have gone back home to WV when the opening opened. He is from there. His name isn't Rodrigeaux.

The AD at the time did not want a "stepping stone" coach that would need to be replaced in a couple of years, she wanted a coach with ties to the area.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, I'm home from work and nothing yet. I got too excited. :)

Random Fan

Reaction score
lets get real. Rodriguez would have gone back home to WV when the opening opened. He is from there. His name isn't Rodrigeaux.

The AD at the time did not want a "stepping stone" coach that would need to be replaced in a couple of years, she wanted a coach with ties to the area.
Any coach that Tulane hires is going to use it as a stepping stone. Such is the nature of the business. I don't begrudge Tommy Bowdon at all. He gave Tulane some exciting years.

As far as his firing goes: Dixon said it all -- they should at least be competitive in their own conference. 6-7 wins a year against schools like Memphis, Rice, UAB, Houston, UTEP, UCF, Southern Miss, etc. isn't a lot to ask.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom