Scelfo Gone! (1 Viewer)

lets get real. Rodriguez would have gone back home to WV when the opening opened. He is from there. His name isn't Rodrigeaux.

The AD at the time did not want a "stepping stone" coach that would need to be replaced in a couple of years, she wanted a coach with ties to the area.

Any coach that Tulane hires is going to use it as a stepping stone. Such is the nature of the business. I don't begrudge Tommy Bowdon at all. He gave Tulane some exciting years.

As far as his firing goes: Dixon said it all -- they should at least be competitive in their own conference. 6-7 wins a year against schools like Memphis, Rice, UAB, Houston, UTEP, UCF, Southern Miss, etc. isn't a lot to ask.

Last edited:
I've heard rumors that Bobby April and Major Applewhite might be up for the job. Applewhite seems like a long shot since he is only 26 or 27, but maybe he is being looked at as a coordinator or position coach. April would be fine by me since I don't like Tulane and I have been annoyed at April ever since he turned down the Saints Special Teams Coach job when Ditka left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom