Schefter: Payton struggled w/ QB decision. Players/others disagree w/choice (1 Viewer)

Just please for the love of all that is good, don’t lose to Minnesota in the playoffs.

No kidding. We won when it mattered in 2010 in the NFCCG, but I'm over playing them again in the playoffs any time soon. The bad thing is, don't you know the Vikings will give us NO help when they play the Packers or the Bucs?!

I was cool with either one starting, as long as sp calls a good game and doesn't put these guys in bad situations it'll be fine. As long as fan's don't go into the game looking for highlight reel plays and keep there expectations in check. Just get the Win and come out the game healthy as possible I don't care what experts say or who they pick. If Taysom does well this stretch of games i can only imagine what the narrative will change to.

I see it as exact same. It may be the opposite of what everyone thinks and Jameis has actually impressed staff and players alike he may be the future. “but multiple players and people within the organization thought Jameis Winston should have been the starter against the Atlanta Falcons” is an interesting quote.
I think SP realizes he can’t just keep holding onto Hill as the supposed next great in the wings and not give him a shot. This is his shot. I wish him the best. And 100 percent of it goes bad quickly you will see Jameis. Every win matters.
Maybe we can actually all unite and see it as a good problem that we may have a very unique QB that can be super fun and successful or a very good NFL QB as our 1-2 to replace a top 3 ever to play QB who got hurt. Got to tip the cap to the Saints organization to be in this position when Brees got hurt.
I for one am glad our backup isnt Andy Dalton. He looks bout finished

I'm not too worried about winning the NFC South now that Drew is injured. We haven't really discussed it much yet, but I can see a scenario toward the end of the season where the #1 seed is out of reach, and both the Saints and Bucs consider resting players and jocking for the 5th seed to play the NFC East winner first - instead of winning the NFC South and facing an NFC West team first game or a Vikings team that just squeeks into the playoffs.. Home games this year are pretty much meaningless other than the travel aspect.

very rarely do I see an interesting take on this site. Bravo

If those rumors are true, then those teammates aren’t really teammates, and quite honestly I’m nervous that they will get someone hurt.

One might very well be Jameis. I'm having trouble believing the plural.

I don’t think Taysom is going to be the starter for more than a game or 2. I think we will see Jameis starting come next FailClowns game unless he looks really good which I have my doubts. I think Taysom is much more valuable in his regular role and coach will figure that out IMO.

If those rumors are true, then those teammates aren’t really teammates, and quite honestly I’m nervous that they will get someone hurt.
That's my biggest takeaway. If there are teammates that feel like Winston should get the start over Taysom then they aren't good teammates. The dude has spent 3+ years here playing 10 positions, putting his body on the line, and has come through big time in huge situations, repeatedly. They are ready to cast him aside for a guy that didn't even spend an offseason with the team because he's fun to be around in the locker room? FOH

I hope Taysom can be an accurate passer against complex defenses geared to stop him knowing he is in the game. I doubt that full answer will be garnered today, but I am glad Payton is giving Taysom his shot. To me, it is a poop or get off the pot, now or never with the "Is Hill capable of being a star full time quarterback on top of the talented jack of all trades?" If Payton starts Winston now and Winston succeeds Payton loses the ability to bench Winston and put Hill in and contradicts what he told Hill at the beginning of the year that he was the number two. If Hill flounders at the full time quarterback, he can go back to a jack of all trades and try Winston. Both of these can be done now before committing major cap dollars in 2021 to either path, at least Patyon will never have that second guessing in the back of his mind of what I think many of us and Payton have noticed: it's obvious Hill has elite size, speed, and star power, but his NFL pass attempts are low. The NFL is moving to a mobile quarterback like Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Kyle Allen, Tua Tagovailoa etc. I am hoping both Hill and Winston are good starters, that Payton sees the chance for that in practice, but the only way to know is to allow Taysom to pass the ball in real action. My biggest concern is honestly Hill's age. He's 30 and Winston is 26 and if we are rebuilding with the pounding Hill takes it scares me he will get hurt playing like that and we're screwed. I am happy Payton is engaging his aggressive unorthodox thinking. It is that inclination that put a third string quarterback as a special teams gunner and led us to this beautiful quandary.

There probably is no doubt some disagreement.

Hopefully the team puts it aside and plays for whomever is in there. But whatever the case 100% that the media will try to sensationalize and milk it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom