Schefter: Payton struggled w/ QB decision. Players/others disagree w/choice (1 Viewer)

In a time when the media wasn't constantly trying to rile us up and divide us, we could regard having two excellent backup QBs as a blessing.

I think either of them could have delivered us a W today with how well our defense is playing.

I'm not too worried about winning the NFC South now that Drew is injured. We haven't really discussed it much yet, but I can see a scenario toward the end of the season where the #1 seed is out of reach, and both the Saints and Bucs consider resting players and jocking for the 5th seed to play the NFC East winner first - instead of winning the NFC South and facing an NFC West team first game or a Vikings team that just squeeks into the playoffs.. Home games this year are pretty much meaningless other than the travel aspect.
Home games may not mean much, but a 1st rd bye to recover while your opponent is getting more beat up is still going to be as valuable as ever. No chance a team would rather be the 5 than the 1.

Home games may not mean much, but a 1st rd bye to recover while your opponent is getting more beat up is still going to be as valuable as ever. No chance a team would rather be the 5 than the 1.

In my post I qualified it by saying, "where the #1 seed is out of reach", so obviously the #1 seed would not be in play in that scenario. It would be the choice between the #2 or #3 seed or #5 seed.

It’s my first post here so don’t kill me :)
I am really excited to see how Tysom is gonna play. If it works then he should gain some confidence and when Brees comes back for the playoffs the Swiss Army knife should be even more effective due to this chance. It’s a big if but it’s worth trying :)

for it to work he doesn’t need to be a great passer but he just has to be ok and should be careful with the ball. Having all the weapons around him should help and then his ability to run should also pay some dividends

I read somewhere that he has really small hands and hence all the fumbles. Hopefully it’s not really an issue
Hands might be part of it but it is also because he runs into contact and tries to stay up.

He needs to cradle the ball and go down when it is obvious he's about to get hit by 2+ players, instead of trying to bull through.

It’s my first post here so don’t kill me :)
I am really excited to see how Tysom is gonna play. If it works then he should gain some confidence and when Brees comes back for the playoffs the Swiss Army knife should be even more effective due to this chance. It’s a big if but it’s worth trying :)

for it to work he doesn’t need to be a great passer but he just has to be ok and should be careful with the ball. Having all the weapons around him should help and then his ability to run should also pay some dividends

I read somewhere that he has really small hands and hence all the fumbles. Hopefully it’s not really an issue
Nobody will kill you till after your 4th post. lol

Yeah, it's going to be interesting seeing his role when Drew comes back. It's a really interesting situation here.

People say that about his hands. I dunno if it's true. But he obvs fumbled today so it needs to get addressed.

As bad as I felt last week after seeing Drew, I feel so much better that he can rest up and heal and not lose any ground.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom