Schefter: Payton struggled w/ QB decision. Players/others disagree w/choice (1 Viewer)

The fact of the matter is, Taysom was likely promised that he would get an opportunity to be the guy in the offseason, and he was paid like it. And he was named the #2 QB before the season began.

Winston went in when Brees went down vs. the 49ers. That was also probably understood within the team, as you have to gameplan quite differently when going into a game with Taysom as the guy.

When it comes to coaching, there are a lot of times where there isn't a 'right' or 'wrong' decision. There is a decision to be made, and the HC has to make it. It's up to his players and staff to make him right. That's where being a leader comes in, and Payton is that. As for Taysom, this is his opportunity. He's gotta go make the most of it.

I said it earlier in the week. SP is mind messin ( insert a stronger adverb the monitors won’t allow) the failed ones. Do we prepare for the Baltimore offense or the GB offense. Or both. Or.....

Actually, no misconceptions...you took liberties to focus on the "Tie" aspect when...we drop 2, it's done. All good.

I'm not too worried about winning the NFC South now that Drew is injured. We haven't really discussed it much yet, but I can see a scenario toward the end of the season where the #1 seed is out of reach, and both the Saints and Bucs consider resting players and jocking for the 5th seed to play the NFC East winner first - instead of winning the NFC South and facing an NFC West team first game or a Vikings team that just squeeks into the playoffs.. Home games this year are pretty much meaningless other than the travel aspect.

Naw, this is just another report, saying the same thing. Jameis is still impressing the hell out of Sean...but...

This decision has absolutely nothing to do with Jameis. In fact, He keeping Jameis held close, so that he can see what he have in Taysom.

Again, is this the time to do that...who knows...but I cant tell you the last time we had the whole world ready to watch us like this...without it being Brees v Brady.
I see it as exact same. It may be the opposite of what everyone thinks and Jameis has actually impressed staff and players alike he may be the future. “but multiple players and people within the organization thought Jameis Winston should have been the starter against the Atlanta Falcons” is an interesting quote.
I think SP realizes he can’t just keep holding onto Hill as the supposed next great in the wings and not give him a shot. This is his shot. I wish him the best. And 100 percent of it goes bad quickly you will see Jameis. Every win matters.
Maybe we can actually all unite and see it as a good problem that we may have a very unique QB that can be super fun and successful or a very good NFL QB as our 1-2 to replace a top 3 ever to play QB who got hurt. Got to tip the cap to the Saints organization to be in this position when Brees got hurt.

I'm not too worried about winning the NFC South now that Drew is injured. We haven't really discussed it much yet, but I can see a scenario toward the end of the season where the #1 seed is out of reach, and both the Saints and Bucs consider resting players and jocking for the 5th seed to play the NFC East winner first - instead of winning the NFC South and facing an NFC West team first game or a Vikings team that just squeeks into the playoffs.. Home games this year are pretty much meaningless other than the travel aspect.

The problem with that is that you put yourself in position to play the only team that gets a bye in week 2.

Agree with you completely on HFA. The bigger concern is putting yourself at a disadvantage wrt the matchups the rest of the way, IMO.

Yep, he wants to see what he has in TH.

I'm prepared for today to be like a round of Golf for me. A lot of lackluster shots(QB play from Taysom) but 3-6 "great shots(plays by TH)" so I think I'm breaking 80 the next time I play.

That shouldn't be discussed and anyone on a team that actively attempts to make it happen should be banned for life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom