Schefter: Payton struggled w/ QB decision. Players/others disagree w/choice (2 Viewers)

I have close sources inside the organization that are also saying Brees' injury wasn't related to football but the hit just worsened the condition. Brees was really injured mountain climbing south of New Orleans the previous week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Winston still plays more than Taysom.
I'll be surprised to see Winston take a snap today, barring injury.

In the unfortunate scenario where we have turnovers or defensive struggles and we find ourselves down multiple scores in the second half, I could see a swap to Winston. Really hoping we don't have to go there.

Last edited:
Sounds like the delayed decision announcement worked. Grady Jarrett said they prepared for Winston starting with an expanded Taysom roll.

That’s what you do in preseason not regular season when the games count and you are only a half game ahead in the division.

Good read. Lays to rest all the "Sean not happy with Jameis lies". He is using this as an opportunity to see what he has in Taysom, knowing that he has Jameis right there. Get a clear picture of what he has.

I cant say I agree doing it in games that matter when TB are dang near even with us....but I understand.

As long as he dont let Taysom stay in there all game and throw it. We should know by halftime what we have in Taysom.

I hope

Things I know:

1) Sean Payton is head coach
2) Head coaches don't coach by majority consensus

Doesn't matter what we think or other players think. So if SP is wrong, then he's wrong.

I have close sources inside the organization that are also saying Brees' injury wasn't related to football but the hit just worsened the condition. Brees was really injured mountain climbing south of New Orleans the previous week.
Oh, I thought you were going to say his ribs broke spontaneously. But mountain climbing in the South is legit.

It’s my first post here so don’t kill me :)
I am really excited to see how Tysom is gonna play. If it works then he should gain some confidence and when Brees comes back for the playoffs the Swiss Army knife should be even more effective due to this chance. It’s a big if but it’s worth trying :)

for it to work he doesn’t need to be a great passer but he just has to be ok and should be careful with the ball. Having all the weapons around him should help and then his ability to run should also pay some dividends

I read somewhere that he has really small hands and hence all the fumbles. Hopefully it’s not really an issue

Well if that is not a profound article, I do not know what would be. I mean is ESPN revealing anything everyone does not already know? That is like saying, “everyone that voted in the recent presidential election, did not approve of Trump”. 🙄

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom