Schefter thinks hc job not in cards for Sean in Az (1 Viewer)

This whole thing seems not well-planned by SP. From leaving the Saints to (1 year later) failing to land a single (even crappy) job this offseason. Looks like he's going to be out of the NFL another year, and not by his own choice. That's not a position you want to be in.

My hope is that AZ is creating all this smoke to get Loomis to come down on his price, and Loomis is sitting in his office not giving a rats you know what about it. Pay what we want, or we can all tune in next season to fox to see how much more weight Sugary Sean has put on. Next year we can hit the crossroad with compensation. This year, I just dont care if he gets moved or not.

My preference all along was that any 1st round pick we got would be 2024, with a 2nd this season. Id want the next coaching having ammunition in the draft to kick off the rebuild. I dont see any pick moving the needle this season with Allen and Carmichael in place, along with some cap issues we need to rip off like a band aid. Get that out the way, and we make 2024 the new beginning.

tenor.gif

Shefter's quote is speculation on the Cards, not a reporting of sourced fact. This is not the moment to draw a conclusion.

Nobody knows what's really happening on the inside of these teams. It comes down to whether somebody wants Sean and is willing to pay the price.

Based on its continued pursuit of Harbaugh, Denver with its new owners may want to make a splash hire. But then if the conjecture about Condi Rice not liking Sean is true, then that would become another hurdle to clear.

Arizona doesn't need to make a splash hire, but could benefit. Hiring Kliff Kingsbury last time out of college was a splashy thing. Maybe Bidwill is loosening up though it is not easy to see them giving up 2023 pick #3.

If I'm Payton, I would rather work with Russell Wilson than Kyler Murray. But I also think Payton and his fat ego would say yes to Denver or Arizona.

Short of a rumored 3rd mystery team, that's what this comes down to.

Shefter's quote is speculation on the Cards, not a reporting of sourced fact. This is not the moment to draw a conclusion.

Nobody knows what's really happening on the inside of these teams. It comes down to whether somebody wants Sean and is willing to pay the price.

Based on its continued pursuit of Harbaugh, Denver with its new owners may want to make a splash hire. But then if the conjecture about Condi Rice not liking Sean is true, then that would become another hurdle to clear.

Arizona doesn't need to make a splash hire, but could benefit. Hiring Kliff Kingsbury last time out of college was a splashy thing. Maybe Bidwill is loosening up though it is not easy to see them giving up 2023 pick #3.

If I'm Payton, I would rather work with Russell Wilson than Kyler Murray. But I also think Payton and his fat ego would say yes to Denver or Arizona.

Short of a rumored 3rd mystery team, that's what this comes down to.
Being reported that we aren’t asking Zona for their 3rd overall pick.

And I thought he got on well with Condi but didn’t get on with the other owner? I forget his name.

This whole thing seems not well-planned by SP. From leaving the Saints to (1 year later) failing to land a single (even crappy) job this offseason. Looks like he's going to be out of the NFL another year, and not by his own choice. That's not a position you want to be in.
I agree here. I think this experience opened his eyes a bit (it happens).

There's always some small regret (even if it's just a thought) when you realize your laurels you earned and sowed at location A aint enough or isn't feasible to get you into location B.

If he indeed wants to coach again really really bad..he might end up next season taking a gig he doesn't have the stamina for and really bomb Part II of his nfl coaching career

this could be it for SP

If true, then let him sit. Sean deserves whatever comes his way. I hope he can work something out with one of the teams, but it has to kill him to know he is no longer in the driver's seat.

My hope is that AZ is creating all this smoke to get Loomis to come down on his price, and Loomis is sitting in his office not giving a rats you know what about it. Pay what we want, or we can all tune in next season to fox to see how much more weight Sugary Sean has put on. Next year we can hit the crossroad with compensation. This year, I just dont care if he gets moved or not.

My preference all along was that any 1st round pick we got would be 2024, with a 2nd this season. Id want the next coaching having ammunition in the draft to kick off the rebuild. I dont see any pick moving the needle this season with Allen and Carmichael in place, along with some cap issues we need to rip off like a band aid. Get that out the way, and we make 2024 the new beginning.
Looks like 70 percent of Cards fans wanted Sean 2 weeks ago in this unscientific poll: https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/15/poll-who-do-you-want-to-be-the-cardinals-next-head-coach/ For all our fans' opinions are worth lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom