Schefter Tweet About Saints Possible DC's (1 Viewer)

I'm excited that we're not satisfied with what we saw and that changes are being made. Now, we need to pair a new hire with an immediate impact player or 2 in the draft and free agency before I get too excited.

"Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per league sources. "

-Schefter

Even mentions that they could both possibly come in together serving different roles.

Interesting because I don't think Mangini had an NFL job last year? Could he have been talking with Payton already? Connecting the dots from Parcells -> Bellichick -> Mangini / Crennel

Hmmm....

Schefter is the same bleep who reported that Sean wasn't going to sign with teh Saints and that he was a free agent. He just did that for ratings. I lost respect for him at that point.

So Schefter is just reporting what we for the most part already knew, Saints have Interest and threw out 2 names of 3-4 minds that have been circulating through the Boards.

Yawn.

Schefter is just as reputable as Glazer. And all he said is that we will consider them. Nothing concrete.

When it comes to big Saints news though, Glazer is the guy you want to hear from. Sean Payton always gives Glazer the scoop before anyone.

I'm luke warm on either of these guys, I'm all for new coaches on defense but would this be the best options now. Was their success in New England just a product of Bilichick? Saints need to dump Vitt and Johnson as well, that horrible defense last year was on them too

Im not going to buy into the Speculation much until I hear we are actually interviewing a guy. I just saw a tweet that about 6 teams have showed interest in Romeo, but he is enjoying his time away.

"Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per league sources. "

-Schefter

Even mentions that they could both possibly come in together serving different roles.

WOW!!! As bad as this dump of a season was, it may have been a blessing in disguise. With where we're drafting, the D overhaul, and the possible candidates coming in to run that side of the ball. I'm officially over 2012!!!

So Schefter is just reporting what we for the most part already knew, Saints have Interest and threw out 2 names of 3-4 minds that have been circulating through the Boards.

Yawn.

Did you read the entire text of his tweet? He didn't just throw out 2 names, he suggested the possibility of them coming together.

It’s even possible the two could go together to New Orleans with one serving as defensive coordinator, sources said.

Granted, he's quoting a source and we all know to take sources with a grain of salt, but that is the interesting part of this particular tweet by him.

Schefter is just as reputable as Glazer. And all he said is that we will consider them. Nothing concrete.

Look at Shefter for Saints' rumors. Look for Glazer for Saints' signings. That is the difference.

tumblr_m5n3muDJAb1qfi7g6_large.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom