Schefter Tweet About Saints Possible DC's (1 Viewer)

Its rare that I go to another Saints forum and find something that I haven't already seen on here but I came across this and thought it was funny.

DC coaching search: candidates/rumors Scroll down to the pic of Crennel and Payton.

Seems like a perfect match to me! :hihi:

exactly why i'm gonna have no emotion towards any DC we hire.. im tired of offseason hype i'll just wait to see how we actually look on the field first.

Hype for sure was there for Spags to say the least (I was one of them), because of his track record. Regardless of who is brought on, we'll be looking at their achievements, and they have a big task of 'fixing the defense'.

After last year's horrible outing, all we can do is get better on defense? :idunno:

Where's the fun in that? Building a Championship team or defense is run to watch and monitor...our first step is finding a defensive coordinater, second step is figuring out what current players fit the new scheme and the third step is drafting players who fit the new scheme...its the offseason, what else is there to do?

Crennel and Mangini would be two great hires and two guys who know the 3-4 in and out...it would be a great hire(s)...but I'm just excited about bringing the 3-4 back to NO.

i am excited to find a new DC but it hurts me the most when i get my hopes up for something and i am let down...

The longer this goes, the more I think Donatell is the #1 guy the Saints want. If they wanted to they could pull the trigger on Romeo or Mangini right now. They can't talk to Donatell until next week. Whether he'll come, is another issue. I hope so. I like him.

Why? He's with a defense in the SB, was with the Broncos in 2009-10 working with Nolan, when he was DC with the Falcons under Mora they were middle of the pack, with no huge defensive stars. You'd assume he has more experience now.

I can see why anyone might want one person in particular, but I'm not sure why you'd hope against Donatell explicitly.

If the Saints wanted Romeo & Mangenius...they could have signed them already. They could have been brought in to assess at least part of the Senior Bowl. Not to say that they aren't on the Saints radar...but there is no doubt in my mind that they aren't on the top of the list. Romeo would likely be O-line coach because if he takes a coordinator position...he loses his salary that the Browns own him. Mangino would make more sense as D-coordinator. But again...if he was the Saints top choice...they would have offered him the job by now. Same applies to college coaches.

I am just about certain that the Saints #1 (and maybe #2 as well) choice is a positions coach on the 49ers/Ravens.

I think that the Saints top 3 looks something like this in no particular order:
1) Tomsula
2) Donatell (aka Donatelleau)
3) Keith Butler

The Saints would probably like to interview all three guys before making a decision. We will likely learn lots in the next week or two.

I'm betting we learn everything by Tuesday, with a Wednesday press conference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom