Schein and Gannon just ripped Brees a little per his contract (2 Viewers)

OK then, take away Giselle's income and lets see Brady settle for less that 20M a year.

Because he couldn't possibly live on less than $20m per year and the many millions he's already earned without his sugar momma.

This is stupid.

If Drew did this all of us would be saying how great and unselfish he is. Drew should have taken a little less to keep his team together and show everybody what a real team leader does.
This is a great thing for the Patriots and Brady. Now they can keep Welker and add Mike Wallace, keep Vollmer and sign Reed if they want to.
But We have Drew, he can do it all by himself.

Saints fans can be great sometimes.

LOL "What's Brees ever done for us?"

I find it incredibly mind boggling how people will argue Drew (or any other Quarterback) deserves "$ 100 million"

There are people in this world who don't know what a clean glass of water looks like. None of these guys deserve the absurd amount of money they are paid.

Context. It's a sports fan board. It's not a discussion of if football players deserve more than teachers or firemen. It's a discussion of whether he deserves more than Tom Brady or Eli Manning.

I wonder how many people bashing any of these guys for maximizing their contracts would just leave millions of dollars on the table 'just cuz.'

Forgetting Peyton's contract?

Again, we have to look at Manning, Brady and Brees' contracts as 3 year deals.

Manning is getting 58 guaranteed over 3 years. Brees is getting 60 guaranteed over 3 years and Brady just got 57 guaranteed over 3 years.

The rest is just fluff. I mean look at the pats. They love to do extensions early when they want to.

Tom and Giselle made 76 million in 2011 alone, and are going to be billionaires soon, Brees just got his first big deal, it is a completely different deal, Tom's wife makes many times more than he does on his best year.

Tom my own the Patriots some day.

Brady has a much bigger wallet than Brees. He can afford to take massive paycuts and still die a mega-millionaire. BTW -- Brady is a baby.

Manning is getting 58 guaranteed over 3 years. Brees is getting 60 guaranteed over 3 years and Brady just got 57 guaranteed over 3 years.

The rest is just fluff. I mean look at the pats. They love to do extensions early when they want to.

Oho, no!! Brees is just a greedy *******! What has he ever done, anyway?!

it might more to do with praising brady then putting down brees, but they are right in a way. Drew brees is makng so much money he could drop a few millions to help the team out, he should be more of a leader.

I know we are defending brees and against brady, but why dont we think for the team instead of who's better, drew brees or brady.

It is comical to read stuff like this..."Come on, Drew, it's ONLY a few million!!!" Seriously??? How many people on this board will go to work today and tell the boss that you want to take a pay cut to get a better "team" at your job? And don't come back with "it's not the same thing". I am aware that most of us can't even fathom making that kind of money, but it is too easy for some on here to say he should take less to help the team. He got the contract that he got because the Saints were willing to pay it. If he wants to now restructure to help the team, it should be his choice. Just my .02...

This is your problem: Brady did not get $57m guaranteed over 3 years, he got $57m guaranteed over 5 years.

His 2013 and 2014 salaries of $15m have been guaranteed now (which he would have made anyways). Additionally he gets an extra $3m for those two years. He then makes $7m, $8m, and $9m in 2015, 2016 and 2017 which are ONLY guaranteed against injury.

So he has $40m over 3 years with only $33m guaranteed.

Brady's extension is truly 3 years and $27m (with $24m guaranteed only for injury) plus they guaranteed his original salaries for 2013 and 2014. The media wants to rag on him because he's Brady, but he gave the Pats a good deal. One I do not think Brees will match with the Saints after 2014.

This is your problem: Brady did not get $57m guaranteed over 3 years, he got $57m guaranteed over 5 years.

His 2013 and 2014 salaries of $15m have been guaranteed now (which he would have made anyways). Additionally he gets an extra $3m for those two years. He then makes $7m, $8m, and $9m in 2015, 2016 and 2017 which are ONLY guaranteed against injury.

So he has $40m over 3 years with only $33m guaranteed.

Brady's extension is truly 3 years and $27m (with $24m guaranteed only for injury) plus they guaranteed his original salaries for 2013 and 2014. The media wants to rag on him because he's Brady, but he gave the Pats a good deal. One I do not think Brees will match with the Saints after 2014.

Why do you keep acting like giving him an extra $3M and guaranteeing the remainder of his first contract over the first two years of the new deal is not a significant enough incentive for Drew Brees to follow suit?

That is your "problem"... Assuming that Drew Brees would not be interested in earning $3M more and guaranteeing the money that he would have earned in 2014/2015 won't be lost due to becoming a salary cap casualty.

Brady is not going to play out those final 3 years... It should be painfully obvious that this contract is not structured in such a way that the player would actually play out the whole contract without asking for a new deal, which is why it is absolutely applicable to Drew.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom