Schein and Gannon just ripped Brees a little per his contract (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On Sirius Radio they were just comparing Brady helping his team out by restructuring to allow them to keep some guys like Welker to Brees holding out for his premium contract. Schein said that NFL QB's need to realize that in order to win in NFL sometimes you've got to help your team in this way. Gannon even seemed to imply that Brees' deal was more responsible for the team going from 13-3 to 7-9 in 2012 than Bountygate. I could not disagree more, except for the fact I feel Brees missing offseason workouts was definitely a factor in our 0-4 start. But no, losing Nicks, Meachem and Porter was not the reason we went 7-9 last year.

Funny, did Brady restructure in the 2nd year of his huge contract? How about his first huge contract like Brees is on? Or did he wait until his final huge contract was almost up to then grab another 27 million guaranteed over 3 years, 2 of which he'll likely be retired?

Sports journalism being idiotic? Didn't see that coming...wait, nevermind.

Every last media outlet was painting this as Brady being this great guy.

The man is not losing any money on his deal. He is actually making more. This is the typical media shoving "Brady is a great guy" down our throat. They need to paint the entire picture.

Edit: Bonchie said it better.

They might have a point if Brady had actually taken less money instead of more in the restructure.

Well, like Ross Tucker said. Brady was gonna get his 30 mil either way. He'll just get it sooner now.

It is a total non sequitur. Brees had never had his “big payday” deal like Brady had. Brees also, considering his standing within the players union, felt a responsibility to get fair market value for his services to help maintain the level of compensation for future contracts. Brady has no such allegiance or responsibility. And, considering the Patriot’s history in dealing with star players, there is a pretty good chance Bill cuts him if he doesn’t take less than market value. Just kidding. But not really.

Even if Brady was taking less money, his wife can make up any difference. What other player is in the same situation?

Brees was not even in the top five QBs for cap hit last year. Brees helped his team more than Brady, using their reasoning.

I guess if I had an NFL radio show during the offseason I would say dumb things like that too to kill the time until September.

Meh, 2 guys that pay very little attention to what really is going on.

Brees contract was responsible for our 7-9 season yet we spent boatloads in FA last year. Sure we lot Nicks but was that reason we went 7-9.

Even if Brady was taking less money, his wife can make up any difference. What other player is in the same situation?

Yeh, cause if Brady's wife only made 20 mil per year instead of 45 mil, he'd have to ask for much more from Pats. He's gotta pays his bills.

Peyton Manning must already be forgotten....

Oh and don't forget Stafford's insane Rookie contract.

We already talked about this in the main Brady thread, but Drew is just starting the second year of his big contract. Brady was in year 3 of his 4 year extension. Brady has been maximizing guaranteed money. Which in reality is what Drew did as well, but it makes it sound bigger with the total dollars number. He'll likely never see those last two years and I'm sure the Saints will work out an extension in about 2 years, before Drew's cap numbers become silly.

Until then, let Drew earn his money, it's not hurting the team's cap yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom