Schein and Hasselbeck sirius ranked NFC south (1 Viewer)

Summed7

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
They were talking about the Panthers-Bucs December prime time game and Schein was down on it. He said that it has the 3rd best team in a weak division on a Monday night game that he's not sure how much that game is going to matter in terms of playoff implications. Tim went on to rank the NFC as 1.Saints 2.bucs 3.carolina. Schein said he agreed. They didn't say the falcons, but it's safe to say they would round out the bottom 5. They also came with a saints related email. Question was if the Saints might get a deal done with the Eagles for Lito before the draft, and what would Lito's value be. Schein said that with the Saints having Glenn and David, and McKenzie rehab going well that maybe cb's not a need. And that using a 2nd for Shockey is a better fit.

I personally think that Shockey makes Reggie Bush such a better threat that it's not even funny. That's just me, and as far as Shockey being a bone-head every now and then...Brees is not Eli.

Thanks for the info, but you do know there is only four teams in each division, right?

Quote:
"I personally think that Shockey makes Reggie Bush such a better threat that it's not even funny. That's just me, and as far as Shockey being a bone-head every now and then...Brees is not Eli.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but having Shockey on the field would have to help free up Colston a little more I would think.

Last edited:
I dont think shockey is necessary to free up colston. I expect a very good year from Meachum. The staff is very high on this kid. I think him and colston could become a very scary tandem. I think if we do want a TE we can address it in the later rounds of the draft.

Quote:
Not only that, but having Shockey on the field would have to help free up Colston a little more I would think.

I think that Colston needs to be double covered...single coverage on Colston aginst a 5ft11 190lb db looks too silly. With D.Hall out of the division, who could we be scared of? Barber doesn't scare me as long as a.brooks isn't around.

...roads?...where we're going, we don't need roads.

Id rather draft the tight end from Michigan State than trade for Shockey.

"You're right - Eli has won a Super Bowl."

Anybody who doesn't think Brees is the third best QB in the NFL after Manning and Brady is crazy. Brees threw for 4400 yards last season, for the second consecutive time, and did it with no running game to speak of, and defenses blitzing half the time because everybody knew the running game was weak. He set the NFL record for pass completions with 440, and had a completion percentage of 68%, which is amazing.

The only reasons Brees didn't start in the Pro Bowl are because (1) Tony Romo is in Dallas and Dallas players are always overrated by the press, and (2) Brees threw 18 interceptions, 9 of which were in the first 4 games. We all know most of those INTs were the receivers' fault. Take away a few of the INTs, and Brees has some of the best stats in the league.

The only player I would trade Brees for is Brady. Not even Manning -- Peyton's too old.

Brees is the reason the Saints will be favored to win the NFC South. As long as he is a Saint, the Saints have a shot at the Super Bowl.

hahahaha, you seriously think eli is better than brees? if brees replaced eli in that game he wouldve easily won it

I love these kinds of replies because they always involve some kind of rationalization. Eli has done it, Brees hasn't.

Proof = in pudding.

I think if we do want a TE we can address it in the later rounds of the draft.

But that's the issue, isn't it? Do we want to address the need at TE or do we want to flat-out solve it for the next few years? This team has the makings of a really really good team, almost a scary good team if they can get a monster DL in the draft. How great would it be to plug in a TE who already knows Payton's system, knows virtually all the tricks that NFL level DL's can throw at you, and is a top level rush blocker to boot! A new tight end would simply play behind Miller and take at least 3 years to ramp up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom