Schein's Nine: 8. Tampa's D is so yesterday, New Orleans defense is today (1 Viewer)

stevo3

LIVIN DA DREAM
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Ok, there is a 3 page thread bashing a guy with the nickname "stink" about his worthless opinion on the Saints "un-improved" defense, yet when a guy who is highly regarded as actually being knowledgeable about the real ins and outs of NFL and the offseason, Adam Schein, writes an article that praises the moves the Saints have made, nobody even starts a thread about it.

Well here it is:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9760268/Schein's-Nine:-Eagles-finally-have-WRs

Check out #8

I would have posted this had I known about it. NFL Live is right in front of my face. :ezbill:

good stuff anyways. thanks

i dont see why ur so mad about this:
8. Tampa's D is so yesterday, New Orleans' defense is today
It just looks odd on the screen, doesn't it?
Long-time Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin has left the building. So has future Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks. They are changing the scheme. And despite excellent players like future Hall of Famer Ronde Barber and the grossly underrated Barrett Ruud, this defense is in total transition.
The Saints' defense is going to be much better this year.
I mean it this time.
New Orleans has a new attitude with new coordinator Gregg Williams now employing a blitzing scheme. Veteran safety Darren Sharper, first-round CB steal Malcom Jenkins and a healthy Tracy Porter improve the defensive backfield incredibly. When they come back from four-game suspensions, you can bank on DEs Will Smith and Charles Grant bouncing back from subpar seasons. The great Jon Vilma anchors the 'backers.
Drew Brees with a little defense behind? Scary thought.

It's the underdog mentality that is ubiquitous with Saints fanhood. We all like to attack and discredit media figures when they say our team is deficient in some area, however valid their viewpoints may be.

Well, thanks for the link, but, I don't think there was any point to making your complaint. Why not JUST post your link? Again, thanks

It's the underdog mentality that is ubiquitous with Saints fanhood. We all like to attack and discredit media figures when they say our team is deficient in some area, however valid their viewpoints may be.

I was fine with some of what Schlereth said, but he just straight up predicted that the 2009 won't be any better than 2007 and 2008 teams..and goes on rambling about how the offense uses too many trick plays. No mention of the defensive additions. I was just like..seriously? lol

I agree with the underdog mentality tho..lots of UDFA = BEAST ! WARRIOR! ALL HEART! stuff around here lol.

Last edited:
I ust got home and the first page I open is the Home page and saw the article, read it, and then went to SSF. I was just amazed that there wasn't any mention of the Love we got from someone who's opinion I actually care about, instead there was a 3 page thread about Mark "I have no actual information to base my opinion on, I just regurgitate what everybody around me says" Schlereth had to say regarding the Saints and the NFC South.

Didn't mean to have such a spastic title, I also have been drinking a little.. :ezbill: my bad....

I was fine with some of what Schlereth said, but he just straight up predicted that the 2009 won't be any better than 2007 and 2008 teams..and goes on rambling about how the offense uses too many trick plays. No mention of the defensive additions. I was just like..seriously? lol

I agree with the underdog mentality tho..lots of UDFA = BEAST ! WARRIOR! ALL HEART! stuff around here lol.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Sclereth myself. But I couldn't honestly disagree with anything he said. I mean the way we're saying the Saints could get the the SB, well there's a lot of fan bases that can honestly use the same kind of rationale for their teams, the "best possible scenario" threads. I can appreciate any kind of opinions about our team that come from people without any ties to our organization, however negative those viewpoints may be. I don't think they're "clueless" or anything like that, because these people have been predicting us to do nothing the past few seasons, and they've mostly been right. Obviously they must be able to see something that we are incapable of seeing.

The day when Schlereth finally gives us props will mean a lot more to me than Marshall Faulk giving it to us.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Sclereth myself. But I couldn't honestly disagree with anything he said. I mean the way we're saying the Saints could get the the SB, well there's a lot of fan bases that can honestly use the same kind of rationale for their teams, the "best possible scenario" threads. I can appreciate any kind of opinions about our team that come from people without any ties to our organization, however negative those viewpoints may be.

Gotcha. I'll also listen to anybody talk Saints even if I disagree with what they say. :ezbill:

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Sclereth myself. But I couldn't honestly disagree with anything he said. I mean the way we're saying the Saints could get the the SB, well there's a lot of fan bases that can honestly use the same kind of rationale for their teams, the "best possible scenario" threads. I can appreciate any kind of opinions about our team that come from people without any ties to our organization, however negative those viewpoints may be. I don't think they're "clueless" or anything like that, because these people have been predicting us to do nothing the past few seasons, and they've mostly been right. Obviously they must be able to see something that we are incapable of seeing.

The day when Schlereth finally gives us props will mean a lot more to me than Marshall Faulk giving it to us.

What about the part where he said that our offense doesn't work because it's too gimmicky?

What about the part where he said that our offense doesn't work because it's too gimmicky?

He didn't say our offense doesn't work because it's too gimmicky. He said we use too many trick plays at times, which is true. Payton has gotten better, but he still calls end arounds at the wrong time instead of calling straight ahead runs between the tackles. While Payton is a great passing playcaller he still can stand to improve as a run play caller. Just because statistically we had the #1 offense doesn't mean we can't improve, and I think Payton would tell you that himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom