Schlereth giving props (1 Viewer)

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Said on Mike and Mike [paraphrase]:

The Saints are a different football team. Because of Mike Bell they finally have some teeth [that they've been lacking]. Reggie Bush is a WR. Bell gives them the threat of a running game, opens play action. Then you see Shockey catching TDs..."

Said on Mike and Mike [paraphrase]:

The Saints are a different football team. Because of Mike Bell they finally have some teeth [that they've been lacking]. Reggie Bush is a WR. Bell gives them the threat of a running game, opens play action. Then you see Shockey catching TDs..."

Getting props from Schlereth is like pulling teeth. He hates Reggie. Bell coming from DEN, its probably alot easier for MS to give props.

I knew he hasn't given us rave reviews, so that's why I knew everyone would find it interesting.

And I think he's right about Reggie, as much as some would like to think otherwise. Calls him a WR, 'soft', "not a football player".....till he proves otherwise....

I've always liked his commentary, in spite of not praising the Saints. If we beat Philly, watch the props start flowing. :)

When the Saints show they are for real and show it on the field then they all will start talking about how good we are.

He just wanted a chance to try and say I told you so about Reggie. No real props.

Reggie has already proven otherwise countless. The guy is a football player through and through. Give me a break. Terrible.

Reggie has already proven otherwise countless. The guy is a football player through and through. Give me a break. Terrible.

Why must he call Reggie soft?? That chaps my backside. Pound for pound, Reggie is just as tough as anyone. By his definition, it would make any smaller player "soft".

At the end of the day, Reggie is simply not built to take the pounding of running against Defensive Linemen and Linebackers play after play.

I've seen way to many plays where Reggie put the hurt on guys when it's necessary. Stink is an idiot.

nice to hear him have something positive to say for a chance

He just wanted a chance to try and say I told you so about Reggie. No real props.

Did you hear him, or are you just going by what i posted?

He was giving us props. He was basically saying that we are now a team to be reckoned with, the Bush comment being why he didn't feel so previously.

I TOTALLY agree with him. The running game was an achilles heel.

Why must he call Reggie soft?? That chaps my backside. Pound for pound, Reggie is just as tough as anyone. By his definition, it would make any smaller player "soft".

At the end of the day, Reggie is simply not built to take the pounding of running against Defensive Linemen and Linebackers play after play.

I've seen way to many plays where Reggie put the hurt on guys when it's necessary. Stink is an idiot.

Reggie runs out of bounds instead of taking contact and getting the extra yards....it seems like he puts the ball on the ground more than yards he rushes for.....reggie cant take hits....he gets hurt very often.....thats why hes soft......its only a knock to his masculinity....not his football skills

he is a talented player but he is soft.....he is injury prone.....and he does run out of bounds....but he is fast, catches well, and cuts on a dime.....also his stiff arm is something very underrated...id like to see more of it....if you ever get to watch a highlight of him make sure to replay a couple of his stiff arms

Did you hear him, or are you just going by what i posted?

He was giving us props. He was basically saying that we are now a team to be reckoned with, the Bush comment being why he didn't feel so previously.

I TOTALLY agree with him. The running game was an achilles heel.
people here are quick to jump on anybody from ESPN....especially mark schlereth.....hes a very educated analyst and was a very talented football player......he knows the sport and he talks like an offensive lineman....IMO they are the most important part of any team and he more than held his own on the line when he played......Schlereth is a no-nonsense guy and isnt going to beat around the bush if he doesnt like a player or doesnt like a persons attitude

some people cant take criticism and our team has every right to be criticized after having a lifetime record of 263-375-5

Reggie runs out of bounds instead of taking contact and getting the extra yards....it seems like he puts the ball on the ground more than yards he rushes for.....reggie cant take hits....he gets hurt very often.....thats why hes soft......its only a knock to his masculinity....not his football skills

he is a talented player but he is soft.....he is injury prone.....and he does run out of bounds....but he is fast, catches well, and cuts on a dime.....also his stiff arm is something very underrated...id like to see more of it....if you ever get to watch a highlight of him make sure to replay a couple of his stiff arms

You are right. That's exactly what he did when he lowered his shoulder and cut in to lay a hit on the Lions DB near the endzone Sunday right by the sideline. Oh wait...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom