School and parents of HS girls sued over false accusations (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
The 26-page lawsuit -- filed in Pittsburgh on the eve of Mean Girls Day -- alleges that T.F. "was forced to endure multiple court appearances, detention in a juvenile facility, detention at home, the loss of his liberty and other damages until several of the girls reluctantly admitted that their accusations were false" this summer.

The lawsuit contends that T.F. was bullied on multiple occasions by classmates. In one example, the lawsuit said students last year placed masking tape with the word "PREDATOR" written on it on his back without his knowledge during choir practice.

The lawsuit alleges that the boy was further damaged by "gender bias" by school officials and Goldinger's office, which even after learning the girls' accusations were false "did not take any action against the females involved," said attorney Craig Fishman of Pittsburgh, who represents the Floods.

"(T.F.) was basically being tortured in school by the other students and investigators, but the administration was only focused on protecting the girls who were lying," Fishman said. "Once the allegations were proven false, they really didn't care one bit about T.F. and there has been absolutely no repercussions against the girls."

The teen boy is being home-schooled, Fishman said.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/10/lawsuit_accuses_mean_girls_at.html

I've mentioned in a few different threads dealing with MeToo and Kavanaugh hearings that my teen kids have seen similar things happen at their school. Girls are weaponizing MeToo complaints knowing that schools will reflexively take action against any male student that is "credibly accused."

At my kids school last year my sons friend had a little girl stalking him. These are 12 year old kids. She would text him nonstop, send him emails saying he wanted her to take her virginity and really other vulgar stuff. He continued to tell her to leave him alone and she pushed harder and harder until one day he embarrassed her. She told him she would tell everyone thst he was inappropriately touching her and that he tried to do things to her. Unbeknownst to them his mother had access to his email and when the son first complained she started printing out the emails as well as saving them. One day she gets a call from school saying a girl made accusations and they needed them to come to school. The girls parents were there as well and wanted to call the police and said some very hurtful things about the little boy. The boys mother handed over the 50 pages of emails and needles to say the little girl left the school and the parents have never been the same around other parents. If the mother hadn’t kept those emails who knows what would have happened to the little boy.

This is a huge danger and I think we'll see more awareness as time goes on, thanks to stories like this. Just like with anything, if the culture makes a massive shift in a short period of time (like with MeToo) then people will try to take advantage of it and there will be victims.

Huh. So now boys have to be just as careful as girls? Fancy that.

About 8 years ago, my colleague's son (who was in I think 7th or 8th grade at the time) got suspended from school. What happened was that a little girl from his school was texting him nudes and although he did not forward them on to anyone, he did show his phone to his buddies with the pictures. One of them could not keep it a secret and it somehow got out that my colleague's son had been showing people the photos. He was suspended for like 2 months. Nothing happened to the little girl. I mean sure, he should not have been sharing her pictures but she shouldn't have sent them in the first place.

After that, I told my son (who was a grade behind her son) to never ever send any pictures to anyone of his junk nor to ever ask a girl for any nudes and that if he ever got unsolicited nudes, to never show them to anyone, delete them and tell the girl to never send him anything like that again.

Yeah, I lot of #metooers are focusing on the low percentage of false accusations, like how parents have more to worry about with daughters than sons. When it's your children, you don't worry less about your sons than you do your daughters.

And the big problem is when those false accusations end in prison for these young men. I don't know what the numbers are but one is too many -- and I know it's been more than one. I don't know what's wrong with these girls' psyches that know it's false and take it to that level -- but we're supposed to believe ALL women unilaterally or we're a traitor to our gender. Granted, as a woman, I'm generally more vulnerable physically; but that doesn't mean we are entitled to a pass to automatic believability in a court of law. It sucks but we're women. We can handle it with our head held up high. We accuse someone falsely, we should hang our head in ... shame! Shame!!! Shame!!!

Yeah, I lot of #metooers are focusing on the low percentage of false accusations, like how parents have more to worry about with daughters than sons. When it's your children, you don't worry less about your sons than you do your daughters.

And the big problem is when those false accusations end in prison for these young men. I don't know what the numbers are but one is too many -- and I know it's been more than one. I don't know what's wrong with these girls' psyches that know it's false and take it to that level -- but we're supposed to believe ALL women unilaterally or we're a traitor to our gender. Granted, as a woman, I'm generally more vulnerable physically; but that doesn't mean we are entitled to a pass to automatic believability in a court of law. It sucks but we're women. We can handle it with our head held up high. We accuse someone falsely, we should hang our head in ... shame! Shame!!! Shame!!!

It's a shame I can't "like" this more than once.

so forever we excuse 'boys will be boys" behavior and casting couches and slut shaming and ignore rape claims and compromise rape kits and power imbalance and "well, what were you wearing" but now that some boys are getting caught up in false accusations now it's a problem?

look any false accusation is badbadbad, but to talk about this in terms of #MeToo or to even start to think about another false "both sides" BS is bunk

Aren’t they both problems? Shouldn’t they both be handled with equal substance?

Just because a boy from uptown committs rape and gets away with it, doesn’t justify a young lady from Metairie falsely accusing a different man of rape.

so forever we excuse 'boys will be boys" behavior and casting couches and slut shaming and ignore rape claims and compromise rape kits and power imbalance and "well, what were you wearing" but now that some boys are getting caught up in false accusations now it's a problem
Of course, not. This was ALWAYS a problem. I shut down anyone I hear starting any of that "she was asking for it" crap as rape is not about "getting some", it's about control. I've never used sex as a weapon, and I think that's becoming a more prevalent "tool" for women in a skewed attempt at "empowerment". I'm thankful I've never been raped so I can't say I know what the aftereffects would do to my psyche; but in cases where it's definitely not been rape but I later regretted my actions, I've taken responsibility for myself by dealing with my regrets, vowing to do better, and not trying to assuage those feelings by shifting the blame.

Aren’t they both problems? Shouldn’t they both be handled with equal substance?

Just because a boy from uptown committs rape and gets away with it, doesn’t justify a young lady from Metairie falsely accusing a different man of rape.
Please read the whole 2 paragraphs I posted

This is a huge danger and I think we'll see more awareness as time goes on, thanks to stories like this. Just like with anything, if the culture makes a massive shift in a short period of time (like with MeToo) then people will try to take advantage of it and there will be victims.

Some human beings suck. It’s a thing.

Lotta people in this thread walking real close to the line of excusing or validating these kinds of false claims, or at least engaging in extreme whataboutism. Don't left your pursuit of woke points lead you down that foolish path.

Lotta people in this thread walking real close to the line of excusing or validating these kinds of false claims, or at least engaging in extreme whataboutism. Don't left your pursuit of woke points lead you down that foolish path.

This was either an innocent typo or your subconscious tying nicely to woke :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom