School and parents of HS girls sued over false accusations (1 Viewer)

Yes, I think that’s abundantly clear.

I’m not sure if you understand the point I made. I nowhere infected that it was anyone’s fault. I’m saying your assertion that 20% of the time when a woman goes to a club she gets “assaulted”.

If you are assaulted 20% of the time that you went to the grocery, would you go back?

A different observation about gender disparity. Last night we watched Joe Rogan's new Netflix special - it's pretty good, I recommend it. Very funny and thoughtful.

But he did a bit about how stupid weed prosecutions are and he talked about a story in Florida where a 25-year old female police officer went undercover at high school and pretended to be romantically interested in a high school senior (male) in order to get him to sell weed to her. When he tried to give it to her, she made him take money for it - then arrested him.

Rogan said "First of all, that would never happen if the genders were reversed. If a 25-year old male police officer went undercover and pretended to be a high school girl's boyfriend so that he could try to get her to get some weed for him and then arrest her . . . we would we burn that man in the streets!"

It's totally true. That just wouldn't be tolerated.
yeah, there was a TAL episode about it
(it was a while back 2012, i think)

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/457/what-i-did-for-love

I read the article. A woman made a false accusation and the police charges her. What’s the point?
I think you missed the other 90 percent of the article. The entire webpage is the article. Was a pretty powerful read,pretty long read.

I think you missed the other 90 percent of the article. The entire webpage is the article. Was a pretty powerful read,pretty long read.

Oh I thought it was quite short. I will go back and reread. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, I read the entire article. It is a tragedy that sick people like O’Leary exist.

What point are you trying to make posting this article? Are you attempting to smear detectives?

Last edited:
If you would have really read the article, you surely would have noticed that this woman was charged with making a false report even though there was no “accused”, no victim of this alleged false report. That’s how easy it is to not believe women. That’s how easy it is to discount their stories. She didn’t know who he was, and they still thought she made it up. Imagine when the rapist is someone known to the victim how women aren’t believed and you’ll get an idea what women go through when they try to get justice.

She was convicted and served time for this “false” allegation, and then when they captured the sick fork he was in possession of a picture of her, bound and gagged on her mattress with her ID laid on her chest. His trophy from the night. That’s the only way they knew who it was in the photo. And it turned out she was probably his first victim, and had she been believed, it’s possible they could have stopped him before he raped about five other women.

I’m not sure if you understand the point I made. I nowhere infected that it was anyone’s fault. I’m saying your assertion that 20% of the time when a woman goes to a club she gets “assaulted”.

If you are assaulted 20% of the time that you went to the grocery, would you go back?

No, you are implying the women are at fault. That’s exactly what you are implying. You’re implying that if women don’t want to be assaulted they should just stay home. You’re placing the blame not on men who can’t refrain from sexually assaulting a woman they see at a club, but on women for daring to go to a public place where they could presumably have a good time. How you can’t see that is what’s wrong with this whole issue. Why don’t men who can’t stop grabbing women stay home?

Why don’t men who can’t stop grabbing women stay home?

Because they're enjoying it and having a good time. Why would they want to stay home?

He might be saying that since the women keep going back, then the sexual assault they're experiencing must not be all that bad.

Because they're enjoying it and having a good time. Why would they want to stay home?

He might be saying that since the women keep going back, then the sexual assault they're experiencing must not be all that bad.
nah, Ambush is basically a good dude
only a real lowlife would say that sexual assault is not that bad

No, you are implying the women are at fault. That’s exactly what you are implying. You’re implying that if women don’t want to be assaulted they should just stay home. You’re placing the blame not on men who can’t refrain from sexually assaulting a woman they see at a club, but on women for daring to go to a public place where they could presumably have a good time. How you can’t see that is what’s wrong with this whole issue. Why don’t men who can’t stop grabbing women stay home?

No, I’m not. I am saying you are being hyperbolic. If I were assaulted 20% of the time I did anything, I wouldn’t do it. Maybe the point is that very few people categorize a but grab in a dance club “assault”.

I have been in a many bar fights from handsy guys flirting or touching my girl. I get it happens. Im not saying it’s right, but it’s not assault.

Last but not least. I am happily married for 21 years with 2 beautiful and mega talented daughters. None of this would be the case, if my wife didn’t pinch my butt while I was playing pool, 26 years ago in a bar.

Last edited:
If you would have really read the article, you surely would have noticed that this woman was charged with making a false report even though there was no “accused”, no victim of this alleged false report. That’s how easy it is to not believe women. That’s how easy it is to discount their stories. She didn’t know who he was, and they still thought she made it up. Imagine when the rapist is someone known to the victim how women aren’t believed and you’ll get an idea what women go through when they try to get justice.

She was convicted and served time for this “false” allegation, and then when they captured the sick fork he was in possession of a picture of her, bound and gagged on her mattress with her ID laid on her chest. His trophy from the night. That’s the only way they knew who it was in the photo. And it turned out she was probably his first victim, and had she been believed, it’s possible they could have stopped him before he raped about five other women.

Who do you lay blame? It is obvious you are trying to blame someone.

As I stated, at first I read the front page, thinking it was a short article. I then read the drama that followed.

It is possible that they could have stopped him. It is also possible that they couldn’t If she didn’t recant her story. I thought you were going to give credit to the lady and husband detectives who didn’t give up and FOUND the guy.

I know this is the typical crush your heart story to prove an unrelated point. But it really doesn’t prove your point. It is a tragedy that took place because of a multitude of things. To lay blame at “the cause of the day” is just a Facebook tactic.

If it’s not assault, but it’s not right, then what is it? As Sparkle says, it technically is assault. It’s obviously not a violent assault, but it’s not just “nothing” either. I can assure you most women don’t enjoy it. It pisses most of them off.

You seem to be suggesting it’s the women who have to stay home to avoid the situation. Why don’t we expect better out of the butt crevasses who are doing the grabbing? Why are they not shamed and told to stay home unless they can avoid pawing complete strangers?

Who do you lay blame? It is obvious you are trying to blame someone.

As I stated, at first I read the front page, thinking it was a short article. I then read the drama that followed.

It is possible that they could have stopped him. It is also possible that they couldn’t If she didn’t recant her story. I thought you were going to give credit to the lady and husband detectives who didn’t give up and FOUND the guy.

I know this is the typical crush your heart story to prove an unrelated point. But it really doesn’t prove your point. It is a tragedy that took place because of a multitude of things. To lay blame at “the cause of the day” is just a Facebook tactic.

What point do you think I’m trying to make that this article doesn’t prove? This is an honest question, I’m trying to figure out what you are trying to say here.

We have 2 different conversations.

1. In the bar, I’m just saying it doesn’t help the cause calling but grabs in a bar assault. I think this is part of “the scene”. As many that adhore it, many enjoy it. As many guys that do that type of thing, there are WAY more men who don’t.

2. The story you posted is horrible. I think you are attempting to say that the police are terrible people for investigating and MAKING the lady recant her story. Again, I think this is a disservice to the cause.

Using min/max theories to make a valid point, only hurts the valid points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom