School Shooting in Tennessee (6 killed incl. 3 children) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderates have determined every election. We've done it every election e been alive. If you can't stick the middle
finger at the middle finger at both parties for extremist views, you need to reaxamine your political philosophy.

One thing I've always hated was hearing " this issue was voted down party lines" screw that bs. Be a man or woman
and talk to the person you disagree with. Gun violence in school is a serious issue. Mental illness is the top of the
list. Let us all find an answer.

Not all of these shooters had mental illness at the level that any of us would accept depriving them their rights over.

They all used guns.

Not all of these shooters had mental illness at the level that any of us would accept depriving them their rights over.

They all used guns.
You shoot up a school, you have a mental illness taken to the extreme.

Let us all find a way to help them. Most Insurance policies don't cover them. That is dead wrong Imo.

Plus if you take into account that 22% of the population is under 18, it get's even worse. Then account for the fact that about half of households have a gun at all, and 1/3 of those households only own one gun.

80% of the guns in the US are probably owned by less than 20% of the population.
What is a huge red flag in this whole sad story that unfolded is that the shooter bought 5 firearms in days. That should have triggered a watch/investigation. That's assuming that dealers have a way to monitor purchasing activity.

If not, there needs to be a database that can be referenced by dealers to see the history of firearms/ammo purchases. If someone buys three high-powered rifles and a crap ton of ammo in DAYS, this should raise a red flag and investigation.

At what point before yesterday should the shooter have been committed to a mental institution?
I'm an alcoholic. I'm being treated without being committed to an institution. From love ,support and the care of a great
doctor I'm still able to function.

All this talk about banning guns and 2nd amendment rights is BS that will get us nowhere. We have to start treating
mental illness more seriously.

I'm an alcoholic. I'm being treated without being committed to an institution. From love ,support and the care of a great
doctor I'm still able to function.

All this talk about banning guns and 2nd amendment rights is BS that will get us nowhere. We have to start treating
mental illness more seriously.

Treating mental illness isn't going to stop many shooters. Most of them don't do anything that would warrant taking away their rights before they kill someone.

Can we force people to get treatment?

Would you support government funding of mental health care?

I want to add, I'm really surprised at how quickly video and updates on this got out. It sure seems like the cops in this town are being far more transparent than what's happened in other shootings. I can't recall seeing something like this less than 24 hours after the tragedy.
When things go well for the police, they're quick to put that info out.

When things go well for the police, they're quick to put that info out.
Sure, I don't doubt that. Their response is hopefully something that can be an example of how you respond to this and Uvalde is a case study in what not to do.

Something I wonder, thankfully didn't happen, but what happens if the shooter was in a classroom full of kids and teachers? I wonder if they breach and go after the shooter quickly. Makes me think they'd go right in because the way they were opening each door, they were ready to act right away.

The shooter texted a friend minutes before going on the murder spree. Said that they were going to die and left all the evidence needed as to why

so the COurt determined that "well regulated" applied to miltias ( aka military ) and not individuals.

From your link ( and kinda talking about what we are discussing now )

"The term was applied, then as now, to weapons that were not specifically designed for military use and were not employed in a military capacity. "

"specifically designed" is Scalias wording...not the 2nd Amendment wording. And thats where i split off. You have given gun mfgs the ability to "amend" the mfg of a weapon, down to the firing pin, that if "specifically not designed for military use" then "arms" applies in totality.

I simply cannot agree with that. Whereas the basis for all the "assault style' weapons are based on platforms like military grade arms. Simply changing one mechanical part or aesthetic design, can render the weapon "non military"

ugh. we got a ways to go on this subject in this country.
What is the definition of a well regulated militia and arms? I need people with your intelligence level to help
me. We have to work together.

We can do both .. we HAVE to do both.. not doing both is insane .
Amen my friend. I know this is bordering political. Let's us all vote 535 independents who think for themselves.
We'll get together much better along. Once again the BIG middle finger to extremist from both parties. Fark
You to hell. Let us talk dammit.

What is the definition of a well regulated militia and arms? I need people with your intelligence level to help
me. We have to work together.

It's not up to me to define. And proponents of lax gun laws will point to SC decision noted before. Scalia determined well regulated to apply to militia only and arms as any weapon not SPECIFICALLY designed as military weapon.

We are at an impasse if folks who support no gun laws refer to SC ruling and gun law supporters can't argue what Scalia ruled.

When it boils down to just pure common sense. An assault style weapon is based off military weapons. Simple really. But gun mfgs found if you change something just a tad, you are within the law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom