School Shooting in Tennessee (6 killed incl. 3 children) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of market at the moment....the point is that certain regulations that some are advocating for would create that market
Is there really a lack of a market for a cheaper and harder to trace way to kill someone for these cartels you speak of? Or am I incorrect about it being cheaper/harder to trace?

"The cartels." What a stupid bogeyman to use as a distraction to keep up your child murder weapon fetish.
Instead of resorting to childish insults based on your ideology and ignorance, maybe you should educate yourself

It already happens.....as easy as it is to obtain firearms legally here there are over 200,000 smuggled across the border every year (and that's just the ones we know about). Anybody with any semblance of common sense or critical thought would know that creating more demand would raise that number.

Now run along....adults are talking. We both know you aren't going to be mature enough to admit that you are wrong so I await your next ignorant, childish post

Is there really a lack of a market for a cheaper and harder to trace way to kill someone for these cartels you speak of? Or am I incorrect about it being cheaper/harder to trace?
The market already exists. It's already happening. So if demand goes up what do you think will happen?

The market already exists. It's already happening. So if demand goes up what do you think will happen?

Choke the supply and it doesn't matter what the demand is. "We need to keep assault rifles legal to keep prices low for cartels" is dumb. DUMB.

Instead of resorting to childish insults based on your ideology and ignorance, maybe you should educate yourself

It already happens.....as easy as it is to obtain firearms legally here there are over 200,000 smuggled across the border every year (and that's just the ones we know about). Anybody with any semblance of common sense or critical thought would know that creating more demand would raise that number.

Now run along....adults are talking. We both know you aren't going to be mature enough to admit that you are wrong so I await your next ignorant, childish post

I figured "adults" knew how to read. Did you bother to read your own forking article?

Gun smuggling over the U.S.-Mexican border helps the illegal drug trade and has links to organized crime. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has gathered data on guns recovered in Mexico and traced many of them to U.S. sources.

Trafficking of U.S.-sourced firearms into Mexico is a national security threat, as it facilitates the illegal drug trade and has been linked to organized crime. The Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) found that 70 percent of firearms reported to have been recovered in Mexico from 2014 through 2018 and submitted for tracing were U.S. sourced.

Your whole article is about U.S. sourced firearms trafficking into Mexico, not the other way around.

You just helped proved why there's too many guns in the US. Nice one.

Oof.

Last edited:
Choke the supply and it doesn't matter what the demand is. "We need to keep assault rifles legal to keep prices low for cartels" is dumb. DUMB.
Why is it that people here feel the need to make up crap that another poster never said in order to feel superior?

Can we talk about this without you being disingenuous? Is that at all possible?

I figured "adults" knew how to read. Did you bother to read your own forking article?

Your whole article is about U.S. sourced firearms trafficking into Mexico, not the other way around.

You just helped proved why there's too many guns in the US. Nice one.

Oof.

the pipeline already exists. There are more sources

the pipeline already exists. There are more sources
Backed off that cartel talk real fast, didn't you?

From your list of articles, it looks like over the course of the last 20 years, about 30,000 guns (I even rounded up for you!) have been smuggled in from China.

Compare that to this:

In 2021 alone, the US manufactured over 13 MILLION guns.

You're a joke man, let it go.

The AR-15 is the best-selling rifle in the United States, industry figures indicate. Almost every major gunmaker now produces its own version of the weapon, which dominates gun dealers’ walls and websites.

Critics claim that the military-style gun has no legitimate civilian use — yet about 1 in 20 Americans own one. So who chooses to buy an AR-15, and why?

The Washington Post and Ipsos asked nearly 400 AR-15 owners to explain their reasons for having the weapon, what they use it for and how often they fire it.

The survey found that AR-15 owners come from red, blue and purple states. Compared with Americans as a whole, AR-15 owners are significantly more likely to be White, male and between the ages 40 and 65. They’re also more likely to have higher incomes, to have served in the military and to be Republican. And AR-15 owners are more likely to live in states former president Donald Trump won in 2020 than adults overall.

Self-defense was the most popular reason for owning an AR-15. Other popular answers included recreation, target shooting and hunting, while some pointed to owning an AR-15 as their Second Amendment right.

The Post-Ipsos poll is one of the most detailed nationally representative surveys to date focused on the opinions of AR-15 owners.

The gun industry estimates there are about 20 million AR-15s in circulation. There is no way to independently confirm that number, but polling can estimate how many Americans own them.

National surveys by Ipsos in 2022 found that 31 percent of adults own guns. The Post-Ipsos survey of AR-15 owners estimates that 20 percent of gun owners own an AR-15-style rifle. Taken together, the polls find that 6 percent of Americans own an AR-15, about 1 in 20.

The data suggests that with a U.S. population of 260.8 million adults, about 16 million Americans own an AR-15............

Backed off that cartel talk real fast, didn't you?

From your list of articles, it looks like over the course of the last 20 years, about 30,000 guns (I even rounded up for you!) have been smuggled in from China.

Compare that to this:

In 2021 alone, the US manufactured over 13 MILLION guns.

You're a joke man, let it go.
The number of guns manufactured here is irrelevant. We are talking about what would happen if that supply is curtailed.

Here are the facts:
1) The cartels already have an established pipeline for moving guns across the border
2) Even with all the guns manufactured here, they are already tons of guns being smuggled that are manufactured outside of the US

So is it that you think that this will magically go away if we stop manufacturing them? Or that this smuggling won't increase when demand goes up? Please provide some actual facts to back that opinion up

Yup, it's kind of pathetic to see the arguments against this (of which there are none that I can take seriously).....but I think the most ridiculous is that our country is somehow so different, and guns are woven into our society or some other such nonsense or that somehow gun smuggling will offset any gains from doing so.....

Many other countries have implemented these types of bans and they prove to be effective but for the above reasons, the US shouldn't even try?

Biggest pile of BS I've ever heard.....

Exactly. I'm not even going to argue it anymore.

YearEstimated Firearms (in millions)Population (in millions)Firearms per 100 People
2021*400-600 (estimated)331.0120.85-181.27

Also from ChatGPT. This is the guns to people ratio for the US.

It's definitely more than just a gun problem, but look at this chart. We absolutely have a huge gun problem.

In 1977, the NRA reorganized itself from a non-partisan group focused on gun sport and trivia into a gun lobby to support guns and gun owners in America. It’s membership grew substantially, as did its activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom