School Shooting in Tennessee (6 killed incl. 3 children) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's supply, and there's demand.

Guess who has the supply.
This is what you don't get....yes we have the supply currently.

The conversation was about what happens if that is eliminated or severely curtailed

Why would you think the cartels wouldn't start mass producing?

IMO, the same reasons they are not mass producing them now. First, there doesn't seem to be a market for them. The fist 3d printed gun appeared like a decade ago, and to my knowledge, no 3dp gun has been used in a shooting.

Also, I'd think that if cartels wanted to get into illegal manufacturing of weapons, they'd manufacture with metal and machinery, which would be cheaper and probably faster.

1) Accuracy isn't as important when indiscriminately firing an automatic weapon
2) That video just proved your statement about a single shot to be completely false
3) The vast majority of these shootings are at close range and not specific targets. The gun doesn't need to be very accurate even if it is semi-automatic
1) accuracy matters when the barrel melts

2) I never said it could fire - in fact I said the barrel would become deformed “before the end of the second clip”

3) not just inaccurate, it will become useless in less than a few clips

I don't really understand how we've gotten off point here. People are arguing about cartels and Chinese smugglers. While I'd love those issues to be resolved, that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about school shootings and how easy access to powerful guns make them for people. Also, most shootings involve guns legally purchased. Stop shifting the point to something that is irrelevant to the debate. Also, stop making the argument that if it doesn't eliminate every single instance, it's not worth doing. I'll be honest, I think it's more important that one less child die than anyone have the right to have an AR (which i'm yet to see any legitimate argument that they need for any reason whatsoever). That's my line in the sand.

Can all of you really say with a straight face you believe there would not be less deaths if guns were more difficult to gain access to? If not, why is not acting to stop any death worth it?

Can all of you really say with a straight face you believe there would not be less deaths if guns were more difficult to gain access to? If not, why is not acting to stop any death worth it?

No they can't, thus we get the cartels/Mexico and the Chinese BS....absolutely ludicrous....what a joke....

IMO, the same reasons they are not mass producing them now. First, there doesn't seem to be a market for them. The fist 3d printed gun appeared like a decade ago, and to my knowledge, no 3dp gun has been used in a shooting.

Also, I'd think that if cartels wanted to get into illegal manufacturing of weapons, they'd manufacture with metal and machinery, which would be cheaper and probably faster.
Understood.

The point is that anytime we outlaw something that is in high demand, the black market moves in to fill the vacuum. To say otherwise is to ignore history.

My whole point is that if you want to get rid of them, you have to anticipate the consequences and have something in place to deal with them before those consequences get out of hand. Anything else is short sighted and risks not solving the intended problem and causing others

I really can't comprehend how someone can say that isn't a reasonable opinion.

No they can't, thus we get the cartels/Mexico and the Chinese BS....absolutely ludicrous....what a joke....
i just don't get it. Like, is it okay for 10 kids to die so you don't have to go through more BS to get a gun and you can have your unnecessary AR to shoot on the weekends? Is 40 kids the number, then we can talk? Maybe it's kids in your neighborhood? I feel like this ought to be a pretty easy line to draw (for those wondering, the answer is 1, 1 kid).

i just don't get it. Like, is it okay for 10 kids to die so you don't have to go through more BS to get a gun and you can have your unnecessary AR to shoot on the weekends? Is 40 kids the number, then we can talk? Maybe it's kids in your neighborhood? I feel like this ought to be a pretty easy line to draw (for those wondering, the answer is 1, 1 kid).
Can you quote anybody in here who has said that or has come out and said they are against any new regulations? Perhaps I missed that

Can you quote anybody in here who has said that or has come out and said they are against any new regulations? Perhaps I missed that
I've seen a ton of equivocating here. A lot of there is no reason to do anything because (1) the genie is already out of the bottle, too many guns here; (2) the bad people will still have guns; (3) this is America, guns are in our blood, it's impossible. I tally up all responses like that in the same vein of opposition to any real progress.

The point is that anytime we outlaw something that is in high demand, the black market moves in to fill the vacuum.
Absolutely. As long as there is money to be made or power to be seized, someone will supply the demand, legally or illegally, no matter what the supply is.

I remember a sugar shortage in the U.S. back in the late 1970's, and people smuggling sugar from MX into the U.S. getting caught at the border both in Tijuana and El Paso.

Absolutely. As long as there is money to be made or power to be seized, someone will supply the demand, legally or illegally, no matter what the supply is.

I vaguely remember a sugar shortage in the U.S. back in the late 1970's, and people smuggling sugar from MX into the U.S. getting caught at the border both in Tijuana and El Paso.

I've seen a ton of equivocating here. A lot of there is no reason to do anything because (1) the genie is already out of the bottle, too many guns here; (2) the bad people will still have guns; (3) this is America, guns are in our blood, it's impossible. I tally up all responses like that in the same vein of opposition to any real progress.
So "real progress" as you say, how do you define that?

So "real progress" as you say, how do you define that?
At this point, I'd be happy with a lot of the ideas i've seen. To start with the obvious, let's get rid of selling assault rifles. I'll leave it to my betters to define what that is, but i'm confident people can work out something that does the trick.

This is what you don't get....yes we have the supply currently.

The conversation was about what happens if that is eliminated or severely curtailed
The conversation is a distraction from the fact that kids are dead and too many people have access to the weapons that cause the deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom