School Valedictorian Stuns Audience (1 Viewer)

He was upset that there weren't going to be any Christian prayers said at his public school graduation.

And you know what? I'm fine with him doing what he did. This dude saying the Our Father is totally different than a publicly funded school using prayer as part of the graduation agenda.

I went to my cousin's dental school graduation a few weeks ago and there was a prayer said that was listed in the program. I was expecting one of your typical Christian prayers, but instead it was a prayer that was written by one of the graduates that didn't speak to any particular religion's version of God.

And you know what? I'm fine with him doing what he did. This dude saying the Our Father is totally different than a publicly funded school using prayer as part of the graduation agenda.
I'm fine with it as well, I just think it's silly that he was upset that there was no prayer at his graduation. The reasons why it's not there are painfully obvious, so to label this guy a "hero" and applaud when he does what he does is just silly. As stated a couple of posts ago, had he lead the crowd in a muslim prayer he probably would have not been cheered or labeled as a hero by so many.

I remember giving the benediction at my public high school graduation back in '93. A long time ago now. I wonder if they still do it?

I'm fine with it as well, I just think it's silly that he was upset that there was no prayer at his graduation. The reasons why it's not there are painfully obvious, so to label this guy a "hero" and applaud when he does what he does is just silly. As stated a couple of posts ago, had he lead the crowd in a muslim prayer he probably would have not been cheered or labeled as a hero by so many.

Yeah, I read the comments at the bottom of the piece too. It's ridiculous that he is being painted as a hero for this.

Is this phenomenon of people believing that this is a "Christian Nation" something new? I don't remember any of this **** from when I was a kid. I was raised Catholic and since my parents and grandparents wanted me to learn Catholic stuff, they sent me to Catholic schools. The only "athiests and non-believers" who are pushing their agenda on these poor, misunderstood Christians are the founding fathers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom