Schoolchildren taught praise song about Obama (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is really disgusting. We don't sing exalting songs to sitting Presidents in public school. This isn't North Korea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU

My problem with this isn't so much that it is "brainwashing" the children, because they'll forget the stupid song 10 minutes later. My problem is with this educator using her students as a platform to manifest her love for Obama.

Some of the lyrics:

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Hello Mr. President, we honor you today
For all your great accomplishments, we all must say horray
Horray Mr. President, you are number one
The first black American to lead this country strong

meh, I dont see any real "brainwashing" going on.

Not nearly as bad as some of the "pro-republican" country music kids listen to.

"but its at school" you say?

I will file this under so what.

nothing alarming in the lyrics, so why be an alarmist?

:lurk: This should get interesting. Can't wait for the inevitable 'Jesus Camp" vid clip to be followed by pages of angry responses.

It is definitely creepy that it happened at school. But both sides do it.

:lurk: This should get interesting. Can't wait for the inevitable 'Jesus Camp" vid clip to be followed by pages of angry responses.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-y2QghS2gU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-y2QghS2gU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bam!!!

Do some WARFARE over him!!! YEAAH

Teacher probably shouldn't have made her kids sing that song.. it's pretty silly IMO.

That one, while equally creepy IMO, was at a private religious school vs. the Obama song being taught at a public school. Big difference. The song in the original post does not belong in a public school, IMO. And the Bush one would NEVER fly in a public school setting.

bam!!!

Do some WARFARE over him!!! YEAAH

Teacher probably shouldn't have made her kids sing that song.. it's pretty silly IMO.

Right on! Now we can get this party started.

That one, while equally creepy IMO, was at a private religious school vs. the Obama song being taught at a public school. Big difference. The song in the original post does not belong in a public school, IMO.

Oh, I know. It wasn't meant to be a direct comparison between the two. It's more like how I saw this thread going. One side posts vid clip A. another side posts vid clip B. then we have a battle royal.

Last edited:
I have never once gotten involved in a political thread on these boards because, quite frankly, they get ridiculous and furthermore I like to keep my political opinions to myself while respecting each side of a debate. While I don't think this is a big deal the far right will most likely view it as such. Also, I think even the far left can agree that it has no place in a classroom. Shouldn't they come to their own personal conclusions when they are old enough to do so?

I like the lyric "for all your great accomplishments we all must say horray!"

:scratch:

not sure he has done much yet to have schoolchildren singing about him.

That one, while equally creepy IMO, was at a private religious school vs. the Obama song being taught at a public school. Big difference. The song in the original post does not belong in a public school, IMO. And the Bush one would NEVER fly in a public school setting.

whoops didnt realize it was public school. That is pretty bad.

In this instance what is the difference between public and private schools? The Constitution contains the concept of separation of Church and Sate, not the separation of state and state. And, while I think it's dumb and a waste of valuable education time to teach children this song, shouldn't teachers have the freedom to do what they think it best to educate the kids under their care?

So, I guess my question is why doesn't this song belong in a public school? What about it is unconstitutional or immoral? What about it even hints at some sort of government control?

Finally, how do we know that this is not a private school? Unless someone has more information, all we have is a Youtube video and honestly, the facilities look more like something a private school would have rather than a public school. This frankly seems more like another scare video being used to convince people that Obama is evil and he wants to brainwash and eat our children. I'm not a huge fan of all of his policies, but the hysteria being created about the man is ridiculous.

whoops didnt realize it was public school. That is pretty bad.

Is it a public school? I don't see any indication of that. I'm thinking people are assuming this is a public school because of the recent overreaction to Obama talking to public school kids.

Is it a public school? I don't see any indication of that. I'm thinking people are assuming this is a public school because of the recent overreaction to Obama talking to public school kids.

According to the person who posted the video, it was filmed at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom