Schottenheimer Sr on Drew vs Jets (1 Viewer)

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Today on Sirius:

Drew will throw the ball effectively.
He will find players.
Nobody anticipates better than Drew.
He is as good as getting the ball out of his hands and to receivers than anybody.
Saints need to get into 3rd and 3-5 situations and that's where Drew will slice and dice the D.
Saints can win any kind of game now, with their D and running game.
Buffalo game was a good prelude to this weeks Jets game
Jets/Sanchez will try to run the ball and will be affected by crowd noise.

So he's saying they have a chance?:mwink:

. . . Saints need to get into 3rd and 3-5 situations and that's where Drew will slice and dice the D. . . .

While I agree with all the points posted from Schottenheimer's analysis -- thanks Saint Jeremy -- I believe this is the most critical of all, because staying out of 3rd and long will limit the effectiveness of the Jets' pass rush and prevent us from turning the ball over, our biggest worry.

Today on Sirius:

Drew will throw the ball effectively.
He will find players.
Nobody anticipates better than Drew.
He is as good as getting the ball out of his hands and to receivers than anybody.
Saints need to get into 3rd and 3-5 situations and that's where Drew will slice and dice the D.
Saints can win any kind of game now, with their D and running game.
Buffalo game was a good prelude to this weeks Jets game
Jets/Sanchez will try to run the ball and will be affected by crowd noise.

Thanks for the info SJ :9:

I disagree with the bolded statement from Schott... Buffalo was able to slow down the Saints offensive machine by playing 2-deep and not blitzing much.

I don't think Rex has the patience to play "coverage". I think we'll see another outcome like the Eagles game, who also decided to bring pressure, and got gashed repeatedly for it.

If the Jets can play coverage, then maybe... just maybe they can slow down the passing game.

. . . If the Jets can play coverage, then maybe... just maybe they can slow down the passing game.

Agreed Saint Droopy. But that is where our running game can take over. If the Jets back those LBs away from the line of scrimmage and play multiple DB sets, we're going to get that critical push we need to move the ball on the ground.

Man, do I love knowing that we can run the ball this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom