Science! (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It's about time that we had a thread devoted to cool science news. I'm always seeing interesting articles about various science related news and I know I'm not seeing half of what's out there. Let's kick it off with this tough bug:

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Along the same lines

when you discover you’re not quite the alpha predator you thought you were

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Along the same lines

when you discover you’re not quite the alpha predator you thought you were

Hippos were portrayed as lovable big babies in my childhood cartoons. The opposite in real life is they are big,mean,and nasty. They have been known to bite a 15 foot Nile crocodile in half. They kill more Africans every year from any animal except the mosquito.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hippos were portrayed as lovable big babies in my childhood cartoons. The opposite in real life is they are big,mean,and nasty. They have been known to bite a 15 foot Nile crocodile in half. They kill more Africans every year from any animal except the mosquito.

Mosquitoes vs Hippos definitely a contrast in size.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score

If you’ve spent some time stargazing, you know what a calm, peaceful place our universe can be. But did you know that a monster is hiding right in the heart of our Milky Way galaxy? Astronomers noticed stars zipping superfast around something we can’t see at the center of the galaxy, about 10 million miles per hour! The stars must be circling a supermassive black hole. No other object would have strong enough gravity to keep them from flying off into space.

Two astrophysicists won half of the Nobel Prize in Physics last year for revealing this dark secret. The black hole is truly monstrous, weighing about four million times as much as our Sun! And it seems our home galaxy is no exception – our Hubble Space Telescope has revealed that the hubs of most galaxies contain supermassive black holes.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
HONG KONG (AP) — Sophia is a robot of many talents — she speaks, jokes, sings and even makes art. In March, she caused a stir in the art world when a digital work she created as part of a collaboration was sold at an auction for $688,888 in the form of a non-fungible token (NFT)...........

Sophia will carry on painting, Hanson said, and the next step in the robot’s career could be that of a musician. She is working on several musical works in a project called Sophia Pop, where she collaborates with human musicians to generate music and lyrics, he said.

“We’re so excited about Sophia’s career as an artist,” Hanson said.................

Robot artist sells art for $688,888, now eyeing music career (apnews.com)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom